Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
item # 360300261150.

no reluctors but maybe they can include them. good FB, but i didn't see any for brake upgrade kits. any thoughts? website is kingtekperformance.com but it's down for maintenance as i write this.

checking out options for a big kit minus the OEM hardware which i can get cheap. looks like kore3 otherwise...

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
I can only say that KORE3, though not a direct supporter of ISSF, did step up for the B-body community when a good heavy-duty front hub solution was needed.

Since the site is down at the moment, I do not know if this merchant offers a similar HD hub.

Differences specific to this product: KingTek uses Dorman wheel studs, where KORE3 does use ARP studs on their HD hubs, and the KORE3 HD hub DOES have the tone-ring provision for maintaining ABS.

KORE3 does offer individual items, or you can buy a bare-bones kit without the calipers or other OEM hardware.

I am aware that KingTek was started by someone who was formerly part of the KORE3 trio, left the situation, and started their own company, doing essentially the same thing that KORE3 does.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. no reluctors would be a deal breaker. the ABS system is deleted in my white car and i definitely prefer to keep ABS esp for a daily driver. site still down, emailed them, will post any info later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bill brought my attention to this thread and is correct on both accounts. Gary was part of KORE3 for the first year, after which he went his own way. Bill Harper and Gerry Charlesworth were both integral in the development of the KORE3 HD B-body specific hub along with several other members here. Our hubs use the proper SET3 outer wheel bearing, better ARP studs and have provisions for the ABS tone rings. The KORE3 hubs also have the proper 5x5 center register diameter of 3.06" to match the application and maintain hub-centricity. Please note that we just recently changed our ABS tone ring design and you no longer need to modify or supply cores for tone rings, it's just a matter of removing and reinstalling your OE pieces onto our hubs. We'll be updating that detail on our website shortly.

Just FYI, the kingtekperformance.com website has been down for "maintenance" for many months now if I'm not mistaken. It appears he does most of his business through Ebay.

Regards,
Tobin
KORE3

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k, that pretty much settles it then...

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
k, that pretty much settles it then...
just an fwiw, kore3 calipers are the pressure cast PBRs which help caliper stiffness. from looking online not all PBRs are.
I believe it after feeling the difference before and after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts