Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey which brand should i buy brake pads?? Lemme know if i should go for GM brand or any other....thanks...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like the Performance Friction Pads myself, the carbon metallics are reasonably priced as well. $40 for the front and $40 - 50 for the backs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I AM LITTLE BIT LOST HERE...
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT RAYBESTOS SOMETHING....PADS ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope

Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads

Lifetime warranty. Bought mine at Autozone, take them back for new ones at every brake change.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Autozone is the only dealer I know of that offers a lifetime warranty on the PF pads.

I don't believe the manufacturer does it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autozone hasn't made any money on brake pads from me lately.... in the past 3 months I've gotten free replacements for the PF pads on my wife's Buick, my daughter's Malibu and my Impala SS. Great deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went and bought a set of 6144's from the local AutoZone today... 6144A seems to be a deleted # in my area, so I'll use the regular 6144's.. $35.99 lifetime warranty...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My question is how do they give lifetime warranties? Arent pads supposed to wear out? Dont get me wrong, it sounds great, but I am just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Thump:
My question is how do they give lifetime warranties?
They track you based on your telephone number (Be sure that you give them that information) and then that record pulls up your warranty purchases
Aren't pads supposed to wear out?
Sure, mine have worn out ELEVEN times already <hehehe> I just buy a new set prior to putting them on and then bring back the cores for a full refund. They have NEVER balked or questioned me on the returns, and at this point, they even know my name.
Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, but I am just curious.
It is all true. You can find better prices than AutoZone for the Performance Friction pads, but when you factor in the warranty there is NO BETTER DEAL around ! ! !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here Howard! We went to the Performance friction Pads from Autozone for the 95 Caprice, 93 Roadmaster, My sons 94 C-1500 And my Step Daughters 84 Old Cutlass Supreme. When their history, I Just take'm back for a new Set! I Think the whole concept here is that they assume people just keep their cars for a year or 2 and Get rid of them, Dont keep the original reciept (I Was asked for this last set) or simply forget that they have a lifetime warranty and Buy a new set. Somehow, Autozone is still making out on this Deal? The warranty is good for the original purchaser and owner of that Perticular Car/Truck only.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what are the 614Z's??? are these the "Z rated" pads? if theyre available would it be a better choice for aggressive city/highway driving

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by BIG BAD BLACK SS:
whats the difference between 6144's and 6144A's????
The A's are a thicker pad for 9c1's. Designed to give longer pad life, and maybe cure some heat issues during severe duty. They won't fit on Impala's. But the regular 6144's will fit on the 9c1's..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.