Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new here but i got a question ive owned my 96 impala for lil over a month ive replaced my whole front end "steering" with rotors and brakes also replaced the front calipers with bleeding of the lines but everytime i brake either low or high speed it shakes a lil and pulses to a complete stop any feed back will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
No inkling of a clue what [whole front end "steering"] includes without a list.

From just what's been typed could also be fluid or grease on a pad, or, the same on a rotor that burned in during bedding, or, crystallized pad(s) from incomplete / absent bedding-in procedure.

Any or all that could spell the difference between new rotors as posted above, or do-over with new pads, or both.

Also, any "new" front-end parts installed incorrectly could allow enough play to induce a "pulsing" during stop.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I doubt whoever did your brakes actually put NEW rotors on it,
they probably turned them or didn't replace them at all.

Nab

·
Registered
997 Posts
Before throwing a bunch of parts at this you might consider that it is the ABS system pulsing the brakes. A bad sensor or wire may not set a code but will cause a pulsing in a wheel.

One might remove the ABS fuse(this will set codes) and take a careful test drive to see if the pulses go away. Removing a battery cable from the battery should clear the codes if the codes do not disappear after several drive cycles.

A factory service manual may help you track down a intermittent ABS issue.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
lol Nab, yah I took that [ive] as "I have" thus alluding to him doing the whole front end himself. So for the OP, if a shop in fact did this work then post up the receipt so we's knows more (well, actually anything) about what got done. And how.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry been busy but yes when i got the car i replaced upper and lower a arm,tie rods,center link, and the pitman arm since i was replacing all of that might as well replace the rotors and pads soby doing all of that i still get the pulsing and shaking while braking

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got screwed with the first set of rotors they are cross drill but brand new out the box they were bent so called the company and long story short its not there problem so i bought another set just the plain rotors for now

·
Registered
354 Posts
Had a similar issue recently and installed some turned rotors and new pads .
Problem gone.
Didn't even have to bleed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts