Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm finishing off my 74 Eldorado drop and I need some quality interiors that won't kill my pockets.

I've seen the Kappa, Boston Acoustics, and what not threads but what are some quality lines that you guys would recommend. I will be running a 4ch amp on them and probably one 12" (possible 15") sub in the rear.

I'm waiting on the resto shop to confirm my assumptions of 6x9s in the rear and possibly 5 1/4 to 6.5 up front. I believe the front speakers are under the dash...(great fun).

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok so I'm finishing off my 74 Eldorado drop and I need some quality interiors that won't kill my pockets.

I've seen the Kappa, Boston Acoustics, and what not threads but what are some quality lines that you guys would recommend. I will be running a 4ch amp on them and probably one 12" (possible 15") sub in the rear.

I'm waiting on the resto shop to confirm my assumptions of 6x9s in the rear and possibly 5 1/4 to 6.5 up front. I believe the front speakers are under the dash...(great fun).
Budget?

Bah these should fit your budget.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTX65CS-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-NEW-6-5-PRO-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-/120726132232?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1c1bd69608

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CTX69-IMAGE-DYNAMICS-6x9-2-WAY-SPEAKERS-SILK-TWEETERS-/120608725660?pt=Car_Speakers&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c14d71a9c

These like over 150 watts rms BTW.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Watts...checking those out now.

96hvchvySS I was looking at BA too but couldn't figure a decent model.

I was looking at a price range of about $150 for the pair. Gonna have to have something fabbed for some component 6.5" up front.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Boston Acoustic

Hil Holla at me if u want Boston's Ill give you a good deal on whatever you need. This is Rick from COD MW2.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you have stock any 6/12 is going to sound better. I used to sell for a audio shop in st.louis..To be honest if you ask three guys that works in the shop, we'll all have a different answer on what sounds better..(all that gets into what music we listen to and how loud) the important thing is proper power..even if you pick a 50 rms speaker a small 4 channel makes a big difference..I have heard a lot of different brands of speakers properly powered and just love the way boston sounds..Don't let the small rms fool you either..Boston is known for having big sound come out of small rms speakers

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
my mom has a 77 eldorado sitting in the driveway about to start a resto. i think its 5.25s in the dash. they are probably weather beaten lol. like hers. are u looking for loud or blending

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I was going to suggest ID. I haven't actually ever heard their speakers in person other than the ID subs. Everything I've ever heard about them says they're incredible speakers. I also would like to throw Pioneer TS-D1720C components into that mix for you. I run them in my Jeep and I really like them. They have plenty of midbass. I feed the mids about 75 RMS and the tweeters about 30 RMS. They get plenty loud off my 4 channel and play very cleanly. I have my highpass for the mids set at 80 Hz with a 24 dB/octave slope. I run the tweeters down to 2.5 kHz @ 24 dB/octave. They blend extremely well with the mids when you run them lower like that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
bostons sound good, im running polk componets and i was pleasently supprised by them, i install a lot of kenwood componet sets too that also sound pretty nice

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's current state....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts