Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
They didn't. The pace "car" for the 1995 Brickyard 400 was a Chevy C1500 pickup. There may have been some Impala parade cars or something. Nice low mile '96, though.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Contact Chino B. in Indianapolis--he can tell you all about this.

There should be contact info at http://www.indipalass.com/

As Bob says, not a pace car (unfortunately)--but some very small number of Impalas were prepped as "event" vehicles by the local (in Indianapolis) enterprise that does all of the event vehicle logo & decal packages for the fleets of vehicles used at Indy annually.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Yes Chino had one.does he still have it bill?
Plus this is for a 96 not a 95

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
The Camaro was used for the 1996 Brickyard 400.

EDIT: Whoops! Just noticed on the last post the car was used for the 95 Brickyard.

·
Registered
10,956 Posts
I have the ISSCA mag still that explains the car. I have to go find it and re-read it. Its in my FS pile

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Most ironic that this comes up now.

Chino (Barreto) still had this car, to my knowledge. Mention was made of it in Mike Harris' update on Chino's passing.

What is not clear is how many 94-96 Impala's actually received the "event car" treatment (decal package) - this was a local Indianapolis venture, not something that GMAD/Arlington had any involvement in.

To reiterate--the 94-96 Impala SS was NOT a pace car at IMS, ever.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Most ironic that this comes up now.

Chino (Barreto) still had this car, to my knowledge. Mention was made of it in Mike Harris' update on Chino's passing.

What is not clear is how many 94-96 Impala's actually received the "event car" treatment (decal package) - this was a local Indianapolis venture, not something that GMAD/Arlington had any involvement in.

To reiterate--the 94-96 Impala SS was NOT a pace car at IMS, ever.
Then why did they make a "Pace Car". If it never paced lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
pic or it didnt happen
Ill put up a pic just have to wait 2 weeks till i get the car. I only say this because i ran the VIN# through the NADA guides and it came up as Brickyard 400 trim. Then it said see "Callaway" and Callaway made a C9 "Supernatural SS" with a 383 in it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ill put up a pic just have to wait 2 weeks till i get the car. I only say this because i ran the VIN# through the NADA guides and it came up as Brickyard 400 trim. Then it said see "Callaway" and Callaway made a C9 "Supernatural SS" with a 383 in it.

It's been two weeks, you get the car or some pics of it.??
Be interested to see it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts