Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wagon spun an engine bearing, or so im told. so im thinking about parting it out... im going to pick it up sat morning from the shop. i have been depressed since i got the news. :(

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You can get a motor from car-part.com

There a ton a yards with motors out there in the DC area

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
If you have a tech school near you that teaches mechanics, you can get it done for the cost of materials, in your case a used short block.

I am having a door replaced, a panel straightened, trim installed, radiator core support replaced, wheel house replaced, and painted where needed, for $200 or less (I picked up the parts at the local PNP for about $100).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its just time for me to move on... she was good while she lasted.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
BTW, Do not Google Images and use the Words "Broken Beater" You will not be happy with the results! FYI

~HJ

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're right near Mechanicsville. :) Nab could hook you up!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Bill has a great idea........... Nab will give you a great deal on replacing the engine. I would hate to see you make a mistake................

.............buuuuuuuttt......If you do decide to part out I would be interested in your tires and wheels. :)

Tim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey nab, if i did get you to swap it how much would you charge me? and you have any forged 383's laying around? lol...

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's the spirit. Dont just replace, upgrade.

Trust me, if you junk it, you'll regret it later. However, if you part it, I need some patch panels....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.