Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if people ever do it but i want to and that is to fix the cassette deck. i do not want a change headunits so im hoping this is the cheapest and easiest way to run an ipod(i have the cassette ipod converter thingy). So After a bit of searching on here i couldnt find anything about fixing the cassette, only swapping it for a cd.
I dont know if there is a standard part that breaks, my friend the bands inside probably just dried out and broke so id need to replace those and thats not too hard but is there anything else it could be.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
A good "Radio Repairman" can add an I-Pod input to many factory head units.

My guy charged me approx. $140.00. This on my 1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC's factory "JBL/Ford" AM/FM/Cassette head unit. He also repaired my cassette player, a few years prior for approx. $110.00

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would suggest just going to the salvage yard and finding a replacement cassette player. I can't imagine it costing more than $10 as they are not really in demand anymore. You'd have to remove the old one anyway to repair it, so it would be less work to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts