Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has broken a front hotchkis spring. I just discovered that my front driver side was broken in three places. I'm determining whether or not if I should put another set on the car or try a different manufacturer. The springs only had about 25,000 miles on them.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sure Hotchkis would like to see it. I also think they would replace it no questions asked. I'd snap a few pics and send it to them via email.

When they have issues with their rear sway bars, their customer service is top notch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I may have to check my springs now that you mention that yours are broken. does it affect your ride height at all?? my car sits alittle lower on the dr. side but i think its b/c i way 400lbs and i drive it everyday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't measure to see if there was a difference. My mechanic told me about the springs. He said that he couldn't squeeze a jack under the passenger side. I originally brought the car in for sloppy/loose on center steering. I stopped by when the car was up in the air and looked at the springs and saw what he was talking about. You could see the spring coils laying on top of one another. I'll get more info when the parts come off the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bigfoot:
I think I may have to check my springs now that you mention that yours are broken. does it affect your ride height at all?? my car sits alittle lower on the dr. side but i think its b/c i way 400lbs and i drive it everyday.
Your weight may have to do with it, but I noticed A LOT of our cars sit slightly crooked anyways.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car also sits lower on the drivers side and I have Hotchkis springs as well. I have to check and see if any are broken. FYI I only weight 200lb and the car really doesnt change height much when I get in and out.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.