Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My valet switch exploded. I have no idea what alarm system is in my car. Is there a replacement switch? The guy at Radio Crap couldn't help me. I pretty sure it's some kind of illuminated momentary switch, but I don't know what kind I should be asking for. Any help would be appreciated, working on the car now is a real pain with the alarm blaring off all the time :mad: .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disconnect the battery to turn off the system, then disconnect the siren. That should quiet things down. Look under the dash for a black box. It is usually mounted high on the firewall. That should have the name and model to start your search on how to fix it. Hope that helps. Check out the12volt.com also. Lots of alarm smart people there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search too. This has been posted about for stock alarm valet buttons and if yours is the same you may come up with some helpful info with alarm model numbers and the like. I used to have some information on this but it died with my old computer. Sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.