Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I searched for a thread for the brown spots but cannot find anything.

I know there were threads on this but I cannot find them.

How did you guys clean this off you dash pads?

IIRC solutions were Simple green and Oxi Clean.

I tried interior cleaner, carpet cleaner, scrub brushes, and baby wipes.

Suggestions please.

Thanks and have a safe Holiday

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Have you tried Tuff stuff? It does a pretty decent job on the cheap,
http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-23655/Detail

I used a product from Wurth but can't seen to find it. It took all the brown out of my dash. Good stuff, one of the best cleaners i had ever used or seen.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
also try tire GEL not spray stiff.if you dont like it shiney they make a dull or flat GEL.it really soaks into a dry dash and last for months.it will bring back a dull spotty dash to look like brand new.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are the spots a mold or something?

Is it a dry dash?

Impalassdude any particular brand you recommend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
You can use a Magic eraser to remove the brown spots, but all these are temporary measures at some point in time you’ll need to remove the dash and SEM it.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I use lexol vinyl conditioner/cleaner every couple months, seems to keep the brown spot by the drivers vent away.

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
So are the spots a mold or something?

Is it a dry dash?

Impalassdude any particular brand you recommend?

Thanks.
im sure i will spell it wrong..meguiars.gel or any tire dressing as long as its gel.i dont mind it being shiney in the sun but if that bothers you they make a dull or saten finish thats not so blinding.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fast4drSS,

The brown spots you are seeing on your dash is actually glue that holds the dash layers together.

With our dashes getting beat in the hot sun all these years, the glue starts to seep through the dash and expose itself making it very hard to clean off.

This happened to my first impala and was about to do what 96SSbbb suggested and remove the dash, clean it verrrrry well and paint it with SEM paint, but my car got totalled before I got around to it.

On my second Impala, I have not seen this issue yet and believe the main reason why is because this Impala has the upgraded Sungate factory installed windshield that blocks UV rays. I have not seen any glue spots yet...but my other Impala did for sure.

Good Luck with getting that glue off so it doesn't shoe...but from what I recall from past posts, its almost impossible to clean off because it will continue to come back again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts