Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
That looks exactly like the one offered by MMS Stainless, even looks like the same pic. However, it's listed on their site at $55 not $80 like on the ebay site. Part #Ss-0054

http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/Chevy-GMCBraces.htm

I've purchased a few items from them directly and very pleased with their products and service. I believe they are your typical Mom and Pop type of shop and are very helpful if you have questions.

Registered
Nice Products/Quality

RE: the SS-0052 Core Supports. Is there a lot of call for that to fix some known issue/weakness/flexing ?

Registered
RE: the SS-0052 Core Supports. Is there a lot of call for that to fix some known issue/weakness/flexing ?
Not sure what you're asking, but those have always been there from the factory. Most likely to provide some ridgidity to the Radiator Support. Mine were a nice rust Color until I blasted them and just painted them Black. They are 2 little bars you see forming an "X" behind the coolers and in front of the Condensor. A little rubber piece where they intersect keeps them from rattling.

I guess they make them in Stainless if you want to add a little Bling. As you probably saw, they also offer the 4 Fender to Cowl braces in Stainless as well.

I dont go for that and prefer to keep things a little less Blingy and more subtle under the hood. I did opt for their Stainless Fasteners Kit they offer since its a pain to paint Bolt Heads and the paint never holds up. I picked up a few other items and they have quality stuff and the pricing is good.

Registered
Very nice looking under the hood sir!

I love the brace over the center of the engine.. what exactly is that brace called?

thanks!

Not sure what you're asking, but those have always been there from the factory. Most likely to provide some ridgidity to the Radiator Support. Mine were a nice rust Color until I blasted them and just painted them Black. They are 2 little bars you see forming an "X" behind the coolers and in front of the Condensor. A little rubber piece where they intersect keeps them from rattling.

I guess they make them in Stainless if you want to add a little Bling. As you probably saw, they also offer the 4 Fender to Cowl braces in Stainless as well.

I dont go for that and prefer to keep things a little less Blingy and more subtle under the hood. I did opt for their Stainless Fasteners Kit they offer since its a pain to paint Bolt Heads and the paint never holds up. I picked up a few other items and they have quality stuff and the pricing is good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

I love the brace over the center of the engine.. what exactly is that brace called?

thanks!
That's a Hotchkis Engine Bay Brace, they don't make or sell them anymore! It's a rare item to come by.

Registered
Thanks for the answer; so looks like you have one too, SO where are you parking that ride tonight? HAHA... heck I'm in Texas, looks like someone would start making those again, I bet a good machine shop could make one if a person had the measurements and good pictures.;

thanks again never seen one before

That's a Hotchkis Engine Bay Brace, they don't make or sell them anymore! It's a rare item to come by.

Registered
Not sure what you're asking, but those have always been there from the factory. .......
Color me embarrassed. I just went out and looked and sure enough they're on both my Cady and SS. No intelligent explanation for why I never noticed them before. In my defense I've only had the one car since new, and the other for 15 years. cwm4

You got nice headlight housing covers.

Registered
P

thanks!
Thanks, just a little paint and powder coat makes a huge difference. It looked pretty ratty before. This is the link to what I did to clean up the Rad Suport.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=274925

If you look close, you can see the Stainless Pars I got from MMS. I got their HW Kit for the the underhood fasteners, fender to rad support HW, and MAP cover. They offer some other parts I need to order like HW for the Coolant Resevoir, valve cover bolts and Wiper Motor.

As was mentioned, the brace is from Hotchkis and they are A tough find now. I got one of the remaining few that JEGS had in their stock. I like the look but currently have it off the car while I was doing a WP replace. I'm not sure I want to install it back on and may decide to sell it later.

Color me embarrassed. I just went out and looked and sure enough they're on both my Cady and SS. No intelligent explanation for why I never noticed them before. In my defense I've only had the one car since new, and the other for 15 years. cwm4

You got nice headlight housing covers.
I know the feeling and don't always see the gallon of Milk in the fridge even when it's right in front of my face. :). It's nice to know they offer those in Stainless as well as a lot of other parts for our car.

I got the HL covers from StreetTrendz and they do cover up an otherwise ugly area behind the capsules. Pretty sure there was a member here that was also making them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts