Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the "Buick brace" mentioned but now that I have a '96 Roadmaster I have yet to see it in person. I believe it goes on the rear frame where the bumper mounts but I might be looking in the wrong place. Where do I look for this piece on my car?

·
Registered
7,986 Posts

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I have not seen too many buick braces on 94-6 Roadmasters, apparently it was a TSB, technical service bulletin and dealer added item when the owner complained about exhaust noise. When I found mine, I looked at aleast 40 roadmasters in the junkyard over a period of years. 2 other roadmasters had the brace so I could of had 2 more, but they were left to be crushed. Oh, I found them on 92-3's Never a 94-6.

I still say it feels more solid and it quieted down the exhaust drone the car has at 52-4 mph.

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
If you do want one and have trouble finding it in junk yard somewhere, check the 2 post in the link I provided. MMS stainless makes one for a reasonable price and it will never rust. :). Btw - MMS also makes some very nice parts and pieces for our cars and I've bought from them before.....good stuff.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmm Fleetwoods already have a channeled brace between the frame ends and mine has more resonance from the exhaust than any of my Roadmasters do, (they do not have this bar).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts