Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my caprice on intrax. Do I need to trim the bumpstops? It seems a bit stiff!
I havent seen posts like this for a while. So is there an alternative

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No i would not suggest trimming your bumb stops for the fact that When the are pressed against the fram there is only 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space from axle to fram. so un less you notch your frame you will damage it or your axle. As for the stiffness problem i dont know from experience but a lot of people say the intrax springs are very stiff. Hope this was a help.

Matt Bartley

PS. Check out the post: New product that prevents rear end squat and still allows you to use your sway bar

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
front! Your not supposed to trim the rear ones are you?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trim the triangular part of the bumpstops off, and your ride will be much better.

FWIW, the '94 hasn't had bumpstops on it for a while now (darn stud busted off and I never replaced them) and has not been a problem. The control arm hasn't contacted the frame at all near the pivot, which is the place it would hit. It has Intrax springs at all four corners, as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think you will damage them by cutting them. I had a slammed truck that I really needed to chop the stops. Drove it with them hitting all the time for about 2 years. Never had damage.

Why dont you try the ZQ8 bump stops. You can trim them as well. The good thing is that they cushion better than the stock stops do. They are progressive so when the axle hits the stop violently, it actually gives it a softer feeling.

Here is the link to the post.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!
I don't need to cut the back do I ? The back seems like you wouldn't have to?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok sorry I should have mentioned I was talking about the rear suspension. As for the front I haven’t looked at the front suspension long enough to know how the geometry works. And where you create problems with certain mods but I will now be sure to stare and read up a little more. Sorry Matt Bartley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts