Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keeping with the theme of the week, I finally snagged a 96 RMW after looking for several months.

I bought a 92 a little more than a year ago and immediately loved the way it floated down the highway on our bi-monthly 100 mile trip to see relatives. However, there were many things wrong with the car and I decided it wasn't the vehicle I wanted to dump money into. I decided I wanted a 96, so I set out looking locally and on ebay.

The one I bought showed up on craigslist almost a month ago, but the PO wanted sentimental money for it so I waited, and went back this week, offered her 3/4 of what she was asking and she took it.

It runs strong (135,000 miles) but a bit rough cosmetically, but that is where the fun is. Time to start planning and collecting parts.

· Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Keeping with the theme of the week, I finally snagged a 96 RMW after looking for several months.

I bought a 92 a little more than a year ago and immediately loved the way it floated down the highway on our bi-monthly 100 mile trip to see relatives. However, there were many things wrong with the car and I decided it wasn't the vehicle I wanted to dump money into. I decided I wanted a 96, so I set out looking locally and on ebay.

The one I bought showed up on craigslist almost a month ago, but the PO wanted sentimental money for it so I waited, and went back this week, offered her 3/4 of what she was asking and she took it.

It runs strong (135,000 miles) but a bit rough cosmetically, but that is where the fun is. Time to start planning and collecting parts.

lucky you.good find.i have been looking for a 94-96 roadie wagon now also.all the good deal are states away.goood luck to you.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! What kind of wheels are on your '92? I like the lip on those...looks nice!

Chris
The wheels are Enkei RT6 18X8.5 with a machined finish mated with BFG 245/55ZR18 T/As.

I like the look too, I will probably move them to the 96 in the process, but I plan on trying to polish the trim, so I might end up with chrome rims instead.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice southern desert car! I'd guess the undercarriage is very solid and virtually rust free. It's comforting to know the car has many many years left in its life.

What are you plans with mods?
Yea, in my search I kept looking at EBay stuff, and good thing most of it was on the east coast. I knew deep down I was best off waiting for a local, and the one I found had been an Arizona car all it's life. No Rust Anywhere!

As for mods, I'm looking at a complete cosmetic makeover. On the exterior, beef up and lower the suspension for sure, and some kind of paint scheme. I want to go with a ram air hood both for the looks and better engine breathing.

I'm not a big fan of the wood look, but I removed it all on the 92 and I think it looks a little naked without the trim. Has anyone removed the wood and painted the area a contrasting color while leaving the trim on?

· Registered
259 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Wow, I like that paint idea also... Very nice. I wonder what color would look good with white...

· Registered
120 Posts
Looks nice! You and Harsh both got white with wood '96 RMWs within less than a day, lol! So what kind of options does your new wagon have, and how's the interior?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.