Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Buy from Street Trends at your own risk

12K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  4DoorSS 
#1 ·
$1300+ in orders that they refuse to deliver, give the runaround, and now they refuse to answer calls and emails.

Don't know what happened to these people and their company, but in my experience they have devolved into common criminals.

KW

#2 ·
Damn, and I thought this was just a think of the past...

Have you tried contacting the of the typical legal routes like the Better Business Bureau?

It's hard to believe they're still in business with such a horrible reputation. Sorry to read about your troubles.

#3 ·
Well - Just Dam

so $1300. That's like either just a set of headers that are in perpetual back-order hell, or, something more entailing.

Wassup. nosy minds wanna know.

#4 ·
Last I checked,their local BBB rating was a D-,or an F... Regardless of what they may claim. Never got anything from them that didn't require modification (which voids any warranty) to install on the car. None of this is new,and I've heard more horror stories about these folks than all other vendors combined...

#6 ·
I must be one of the lucky ones then. I have ordered from them for years without the slightest hicup.

#8 ·
I've placed maybe 15-20 orders over the years without a single issue....until now.

First time being stiffed by them. Really kinda surprised....

KW

#7 ·
Not another dime from me will they ever see...

Reactions: Handyman
#10 ·
Glad I never ordered those halo lights from them.

#11 ·
Isn't it SOP to order with CC and the dispute the charges and that way you have a chance at getting your $$ back ?
-ALF out..

#12 ·
You still only have so long. One reason for their many excuses to get past those time limits,especially PayPal...

#13 ·
Ouch. And only ONE reason I don't like these PP. So do not have.

In other news I underwent trauma of 'non-response' replies and classic pretzel logic from a well known online parts supplier. It was a simple shoes, cylinders and drums order which any of us would think impossible to f up. Well I played nice for weeks and then just offered in the circular email what a shame the inability to reach equitable resolution meant the cc would be getting involved soon.

Heavens to betsy next day a reply; 'An adjustment has been made to your charges and will be reflected on your next cc statement' (for everything - RMA, refund, original shipping.....)

And yes I did confirm the cc credit online right away lol. So as Herb Tarlec on WKRP once said to the other adman at the bar, "Yah he played that same trick on me 20 times - and I got smart." I feel the OP's pain.

#14 ·
Nothing wrong with PayPal. It isn't their fault one doesn't get an infinite amount of time to file a claim. Far more comfortable using PayPal than providing my credit card number,and info to people like this.

#16 ·
Took over 3 weeks to get an order I placed for brake pads and shocks. I finally called them to inquire about the hold up. Said they were waiting for the shocks to arrive. They should have emailed me to inform me of the delay. I don't think I'll spend anymore with them. Maybe you can cancel the order or stop payment with your credit card company. I agree, we're running out of places to get parts for our cars.

#17 ·
Took over 3 weeks to get an order I placed for brake pads and shocks. I finally called them to inquire about the hold up. Said they were waiting for the shocks to arrive. They should have emailed me to inform me of the delay. I don't think I'll spend anymore with them.

Maybe you can cancel the order or stop payment with your credit card company. I agree, we're running out of places to get parts for our cars.
Nope.....that time has passed.

I'm in the process of retaining a lawyer......lawsuit is the next step.

KW

Reactions: fbi9c1
#18 ·
Fact is there are plenty of other places to get brakes/shocks besides StreeTrends. Much quicker,no B/S,and likely cheaper too...

Reactions: 4DoorSS
#21 · (Edited)
True. I saw a little price break for their Labor Day sale and wanted to support a business who cater to B-body owners. I've bought from them a grill insert about 5 years ago without issue. Even got a nice price break on that custom piece too. The description read that the shocks are designed for lowered applications which mine is. Thought I'd try something new besides the StreetShocks that are in there now and have lost their cush. Their brake pads are reasonably priced as compared to Rock Auto. I'm actually surprised they'd screw a customer for $1300. Doesn't make sense. I wonder why.

#20 ·
I'd be interested how outlandish the rationale for charging despite you not having goods in hand. Was it a 'special order' and you're just on lifetime backorder? They claim delivery but stolen from your porch? Delivered to wrong address they claim you told them? "Fell off the truck" but listed as delivered?

This does eliminate the "refused return due to unresalable condition" thing though. I always like heads-up on new scams, so can you share some background on this one?

#23 ·
…..Was it a 'special order' and you're just on lifetime backorder? They claim delivery but stolen from your porch? Delivered to wrong address they claim you told them? "Fell off the truck" but listed as delivered?.....
Ordered door panels and headlight assemblies. Nowhere did they state on their site or on the invoice 'subject to availability' or 'that it would take months for delivery. Whenever I called, Rachel would state something like; 'we'll check on the status and will call you back'. :rolleyes:

As for trying to claim shipped but not delivered. That's a horrible excuse that even street trends wouldn't have the gall to use. I mean.....every shipping company has a tracking number system. Unless someone wants to bare their a$s to the wind to supply cover for street trends (not likely), then those excuses won't float.

I have purchased several items from ST and did not have any problems. I always dealt with Rachel and she was always upfront when there was a small delay.

Maybe they are having a problem right now with their vendors, but give them a call and speak with Rachel.

My $0.02

Michael
On my last two purchases, Rachel gave me the old California 2-Step. I honestly had a better 'feeling' dealing with Brandi. But no.....no more street trends for me.

KW

#22 ·
I have purchased several items from ST and did not have any problems. I always dealt with Rachel and she was always upfront when there was a small delay.

Maybe they are having a problem right now with their vendors, but give them a call and speak with Rachel.

My $0.02

Michael

#26 ·
I guess my main ?? in all of this is "where the hell has Street trends been?" They are an active member here as far as I know and why have they remained so silent on this issue. would love to hear what they have to say in all of this.

Reactions: gbhs72
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.