Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any body tried bypassing first base by just taking it off and filling the air "chambers" with "great stuff" by just drilling into the mold makrs on the bottom and just shaving off the excess foam? the idea is probaly really stupid to you guys but its amazing what 3 hours of boredom will do. do you thing it would show any performance gains seeing as the air is not "stirred" whilst entering the intake

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt, I think that's his "I-wish" photo in CarDomain. It has a Hotchkis sticker on it, I notice.
9C1 owner, most guys do the First Base and Home Plate deletes to clean up the engine compartment as much as to smooth out airflow. You can replace first base with a piece of black 3" plastic sewer pipe and retain the airbox if you want. Costs as little as a can of spray insulation. And you have no risk of fragments getting loose and going into the intake. And it's a visible mod, shows you're working on the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FUGE9C1:
Matt, I think that's his "I-wish" photo in CarDomain. It has a Hotchkis sticker on it, I notice.
9C1 owner, most guys do the First Base and Home Plate deletes to clean up the engine compartment as much as to smooth out airflow. You can replace first base with a piece of black 3" plastic sewer pipe and retain the airbox if you want. Costs as little as a can of spray insulation. And you have no risk of fragments getting loose and going into the intake. And it's a visible mod, shows you're working on the car.
oh my bad. I with FUGE9C1. You don't want that stuff coming loose and going into the engine. PVC is the way to go if you're on a budget.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FUGE9c1 your right thats my dream photo it should be here either today or tuesday. that pic in my sig is an older pic because i have pvc right there now. sorry to bother you guys but like i said 3 hr's of nothing to do :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.