Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for c5s but everwhere Ive looked they want around $1500. Ive found some c4s for $750 in very good condition. Would they work on the seat rails from the Imp? Should I keep looking for some c5s in a decent price range? Travis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was told that C4 seats will work on the stock rails just fine about a year ago when I was looking. But I happened across my bonny 12 ways and decided to get them instead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can someone kindly explain what C4 and C5 seats are? i am not familiar with them. Are they nicer than Bonny seats? if so where to get them?
thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are talking about seats from a corvette.C4 is the older model year ending in 1996 I think. The C5 is the currrent model that is out now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a shot of C4 seats in my '96 C4.

Here's a shot of C5 seats in my Impala. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you get the C4 seats, make sure they are the "Sport Seats" and not the other ones they had. There is a huge difference in the way they feel, and I like the C4 seats alot better than the C5 seats since they will hug your body alot better, well for me anyway, and the hip cinch control(whatever it is called, it's what pushes in on the sides of your hips when you hit the button) is way better on the C4 seats. I am also alot thinner than alot of guys who drive these cars, so the C5 seats may suit the bigger driver's better. But if you got a 40" waste or smaller, get the C4 seats. I'm not a tailor, but I know what seats feel better.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G Man:
Here's a shot of C5 seats in my Impala. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much taller are the seat backs on the C5 seats than the stock SS seats?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.