Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oppurtunity to get some C5 rims and tires for about $200. I was wondering if any one could confirm if I would be able to get them to fit under the skirt (any wagon owners have these?) in the rear of a 91 with the correct spacers. If someone could point me in the right direction to get the correct spacers that would be great but I'm more concerned with the clearance under the rear fender

·
Registered
247 Posts
They do fit. I have the C5 wheels on mine. go to www.webshots.com and look up "thepaidtraveler" there you can see them on the car and I even have some pics underneath showing how close you get to the frame and to the rear fender lips with the stock C5 "Wagon Wheels" I have a 2" spacer on all four corners and run 17's during the winter "255/50/17" and run 18's during the summer "285/40/18"? for the 18s. I don't recall the actual size as I'm not in CT right now and can't look at them. The handling is awesome and I got mine via the Corvette forum from the guys/gals that are switching up to 20s. I got 6 sets for $200.00 for each set of rims. They come as (2) 17s for the front and (2) 18s for the rear. I got enough to run the same tire size on all four corners.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope this helps out. I did get the 5x5-5x4.75 inch bolt patterned spacer. The 2 inch spacer is what I use and I got the from Chris @ Rustic Racing, which I heard is no longer in the market. There are other places to purchase these spacers and they hold up very well. I got the extra sets of rims for 2 reasons. They're cheap alternatives to the Impala SS wheels and are GM Products too. And if I ever bend one I can pop another right back on while the bent rim is fixed. And they're cheap too. They look nice on the wagons as well. And they're cheap too. The rims work well on our wagons and up the ante in the handling dept. And they're cheap too. I'm contemplating a sedan with them on it as well. Why? Because the rims are nice looking and make the sedans look good, and they're cheap too!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My wagon has seen the happy side of triple digits on the speedo and is as sure footed there as it is at 25mph too. I got the hub centric adapters and check my lugs while I torque them down. I bring them down hand tight 1st with a star wrench and then I begin torquing them in the star pattern at the recommended rate and then I go over it 2 more times at that rate to make sure there is not 1 loose lug-nut there and then I move onto the next wheel. I do this for all of my vehicles and i've never had any issues with a wheel coming off or losing a lug nut either.

If you do these steps you can put yourself at ease in knowing that your lugs are snug. I even re-check what I get from the garages when they change out a tire that is worn out on any of my vehicles. it's your car and your safety and it never hurts to re-check for your own piece of mind. Have many safe happy miles in the future.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Cool. I see that pic. Ill just take a look at the sticky and check those sites out. I like those c6 5 spoke wheels w/ the deep dish 5 spoke. Ill get specs and pics up of the wheel I'm talking about. Thanks guys. I work at.a tire joint and have used adapters on a 88 monte carlo to fit bigger wheels. Just want to make suure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.