Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got one in my '02 Suburban and it really does get pretty dirty, so it must be working. I think it's a great idea!

Is there a generic type that will fit in our cars? Perhaps a media that can be cut to fit?
Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
car quest has a generic knock off half the price of the stealership - i think i paid $ 18.00 canadian $ for the pair on my 01 Z71 - and yeah they do get dirty don't they

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about going to Home Depot or Lowes and by a home heater filter screen. A sharp scissor is all that's needed to cut it. Once you open the vent screens to see the contours of the plenum you should be good to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the whole dash, A/C unit, everything out of my Caprice begining a rebuild, and had thought about a doing a cabin filter mod myself.

I would like to add a micron filter just like the cars that have cabin filters come with. It could be made to fit inside the cowl behind the passenger wiper arm over the air intake opening.

The cabin filter on the Saab has to be changed by removing screws and the plastic trim in front of the wipers, so it wouldn't be much different.

But, I'm thinking that for a vehicle to be designed to use a micron style cabin filter, the fan motor would be more powerful. I'm afraid that if I just add a micron filter to the standard Caprice, it will burn up the fan motor trying to pull through it.

Any thoughts about this?
Any one know if there is another vehicle that uses a micron cabin filter with a more heavy duty fan motor that can be modified to fit into the Caprice?

P.S. So far so good, don't see any reason yet that the 95 Dash wouldn't fit into this 93 body. Two screws on each a pillar for a steel brace that runs all the way across is the only thing I've seen different so far. But I'm just getting started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.