Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a member of ours (SendinSS) wanted a new box built. I got a text that another member (Jon with primered wagon w/ crazy hood) was over there helping out already. When I showed up they had the face cut and were trying to find placement of the 12"s.

It came together quite nicely, and in a short amount of time.

Here are some pics of the process.

Tony used the Type S subs because out of the few 12"s we had around, they were the only ones to fit, plus he didn't have a problem with the subs (other than he wants red instead of blue), but he was never happy with the box. The amp is a no name brand that puts out about 600wrms I'd estimate.

He goal was to get the subs as far back as possible so he can throw a spare in the back, yet still have enough bass for his liking so he can entertain the family (and be safe with the spare) while cruising around.

I've got to say, overall, this SOB sounds better than my car. He has more speakers inside the cabin, and the airflow from the bass can actually travel through his ported rear deck. From inside the car is gets loud enough, and from outside the car is sounds very clean. You can hear/feel the bass and clearly hear the mids/highs.

From about 10-20ft away it sounds like a damn mini concert (the sound just got better).

Jon really came through with cutting all the peices and doing most of the work.

Just another day of Cali SS fam coming together.

We did have one member that was only monkying around, but he did provide some entertainment as always.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, guys haven't worn shorts over the knees since the 90s...we tried telling him one day. He did a lot more than show legs. He got so excited to see his box, his ripped his shorts. cwm6

Of course that's Chris....I couldn't find a clown haha.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Man, this weekends was hot in LA, I can imagine the valley area.
I didn't think Tony wanted to rip his system up since the set up was real clean. I guess
he prefers the sound and keeping a spare instead.
Good work fellas.
WE NEED ANOTHER MOD DAY AT HIS HOUSE :D
I'll see him on Wed. I'll mention it to him ;)

·
Registered
923 Posts
I didn't think Tony wanted to rip his system up since the set up was real clean. I guess
Good work fellas.
sounds good

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Good work fellas.
I second that:D

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LIAR! You finished it up Saturday...lol

Anyways after I left Tonys house, I went over to this chicks new condo I used to be with and didn't get home til 6am. ....so I will get the pics up tonight...*once I charge the damn battery on the camera*

Full of fail on my part.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
LIAR! You finished it up Saturday...lol

Anyways after I left Tonys house, I went over to this chicks new condo I used to be with and didn't get home til 6am. ....so I will get the pics up tonight...*once I charge the damn battery on the camera*

Full of fail on my part.
Well if you were at some chicks condo until 6am I wouldn't call that a fail :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Beautiful!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts