Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 impala ss new, but stock brakes all around. I need to replace the bleeder valves in the rear(when i went to bleed them i striped one, and the fronts looked really rusted etc. I know the fronts and rears are different sizes but just wanted to know if anyone knew what the sizes i needed to replace all four, this way i don't have to pull them out and try to match them at the auto parts store.
thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
96 impala ss new, but stock brakes all around. I need to replace the bleeder valves in the rear(when i went to bleed them i striped one, and the fronts looked really rusted etc. I know the fronts and rears are different sizes but just wanted to know if anyone knew what the sizes i needed to replace all four, this way i don't have to pull them out and try to match them at the auto parts store.
thanks
M10x1.5 (F) and M10x1.0 (R). They're available in stainless also.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M10x1.5 (F) and M10x1.0 (R). They're available in stainless also.
great thanks! know where i can get them in stainless?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
great thanks! know where i can get them in stainless?
I'm afraid you caught me offguard on that one. I bookmarked a site awhile back and can't seem to retrieve it now. I'll keep looking, but you've the best chance of finding them in that size from performance motorcycle sites (harley, ducati, etc...). One minor issue is overall length. I've found m10 x 1.0's in 1.20", 1.25" and 1.43" varieties. I'm fairly certain that shouldn't present a problem, but wanted to make note of it anyhow.

You can readily find speedbleeders in stainless (SB1010SS & SB1015SS), but standard stainless bleeders are proving a little more difficult to pinpoint online...

Ah yes, here's one. They're expensive. One of the internet sites w/ a name that cracks me up; tastynuts.com -

Pic of 2 that you'll need for the rear calipers. They didn't do a very good job on pricing. Purchasing 2 individual units seems to be cheaper than purchasing a 2 pack:

http://www.probolt-usa.com/Products/stainless_steel_10mm_Bleed_Nipples

They have them in titanium also for those enthusiasts who want to scavenge every 1,000th of a pound from their ride. They have lots of eye candy for those interested in unique fasteners...

although I must say, the upgrade from 303/4 to 316 class stainless steel makes these (in theory anyway) much more structurally sound and less prone to snapping:

http://ccsfasteners.co.uk/m10x1-sta....html?osCsid=af683086685b5a34324f083a5148b80b

I'll get back w/ 10 x 1.5 info as it comes up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts