Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends that knows i am a long time impala owner called me today asking if i need any impala parts because he has a wrecked one in his tow yard. So needless to say i go to check it out and from the outside it appears to be stock except for the polished rims. But when i look under the hood the motor looks a little different. There is no resonator for the airbox and the valvecovers have callaway scripted on them, as well as slotted and drilled rotors. And a super beefed up suspension.... Does anyone have any kind of info on this model?

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
Get the VIN off the Impala and give Callaway a call to see if its the real deal.

·
Registered
442 Posts
if this is for real , im all about info on buying some parts off of this car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool, tomorrow i will take some pics and get the vin# and post them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
put me on the list for the front calipers and rotors pleez!lol

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I say max out ur Credit card and buy all you can off that car........ seriously thats like finding a mint OCC wagon.

I did, and I made alot of money buying and selling parts.

kept me busy as having a job which I didnt have at the time.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I say max out ur Credit card and buy all you can off that car........ seriously thats like finding a mint OCC wagon.

I did, and I made alot of money buying and selling parts.

kept me busy as having a job which I didnt have at the time.
dont listen to this guy.

------------------------------------

buy what u can for urself. and if this guy really is a great friend maybe he can keep the car untouched so u can sell them parts to us.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
How "wrecked"? Is it worth trying to save? Ebay might be your friend along with Google and the tow guy...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pretty sweet. Never knew Callaway built Impalas.

But what's wrong with Motor Trend, only getting 14 flat in the 1/4mile out of a 400hp/400lbs. of torque Impala SS? hmmm lol.

I've broken into the 13's with bolt-ons and gears.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
dont listen to this guy.

------------------------------------

buy what u can for urself. and if this guy really is a great friend maybe he can keep the car untouched so u can sell them parts to us.

Whats wrong with that? Its a great find, buy it all and sell it. Thats how bussiness works.

Basically you are paying for his time and effort to pull the parts.

Theres no free lunch in this world.

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Pretty sweet. Never knew Callaway built Impalas.......
The Callaway Impalas were the sh*t back in the day. Now.....from a performance standpoint.....they're not that impressive.

Still, there were a number of Callaway upgrades (parts) that are as good or better than any aftermarket parts ever made for our cars.

cool, tomorrow i will take some pics and get the vin# and post them.
If this is a Callaway Impala, see about buying the whole car......and then part it out.

Or.....buy the car and restore it, using your CURRENT car as the donor parts car.

That's what I'd do ;) !

KW

·
Premium Member
10,064 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO! If the car is in tact at all, its probably worth quite a bit. Before you let the vultures pick it a part, you might wanna see if its restoreable. Those are some very rare beasts. I'd bet it's worth more together.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO! If the car is in tact at all, its probably worth quite a bit. Before you let the vultures pick it a part, you might wanna see if its restoreable. Those are some very rare beasts. I'd bet it's worth more together.

Basically GET THAT BISH.......... W/E it takes. :D

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
You'd better not part that car out. Swindle the Dude at the yard into selling you the whole car, then you sit the car at tour house until u get to it. Someone I know has a wrecked callaway on his lot and he want damn near 20k for it as is. I put a clip up on YouTube search callaway impala ss

1 - 20 of 115 Posts