Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have been bombarding the board with topics and questions, but I am still at a loss, and I really need your guys help. I have found some rims, however I cant find pictures of them on cars, and I was wondering how you guys think they would look on a black 1995 impala ss that will be lowered 2 inches all the way around soon. One thing I am afraid of is having a wheel that looks too...ricey? Or maybe too much like that of a fwd car, you know what I mean? However, I dont want a super busy looking rim. I just hope these are "big" enough for a b-body. If it helps any I want to run 20x8.5-9.0 in the front and 20x10-10.5 in the rear. Here are a few, and I am very open to suggestions. Thank you so much.

I prefer the first one personally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hell yea i love the first ones, I dont think they are too ricey if the car is done right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by bustn:
The first ones.The second ones look sort of like a brabaus knock-off.
wait you dont like the first ones? The throw up face is confusing lol. Or do you not like the second ones? Or both?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i say the first one,they look like a chip foose design as the second ones look more cheaply made

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by hevychevy:
i say the first one,they look like a chip foose design as the second ones look more cheaply made
Thanks for the replies guys. I am not saying it is only gonna be between these two, just throwing them out and seeing what you guys think.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finding rims is usually a marathon. Make sure you have the $ or know exactly when it is coming (like at tax return) so that you can be ready when the time is right. Plus you can wait on the right deal and jump on it when you have the $ in hand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by BLACK KRYPTONITE:
Finding rims is usually a marathon. Make sure you have the $ or know exactly when it is coming (like at tax return) so that you can be ready when the time is right. Plus you can wait on the right deal and jump on it when you have the $ in hand.
No doubt
. I need to get money, but I am more worried about the rim itself. That seems the hardest for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by bustn:
The first ones.The second ones look sort of like a brabaus knock-off.
Gotta co-sign that. I think it was the same person that said "you can find better".

Worst case scenario if you settle for less. Your out bending corners with the homies with the wheels you settled for and out of the blue, another whip bends the corner with the wheels that chop like suey. You get molded and wish you stacked more chips instead of getting some off the shelf shoes that don't even fit your whip right.

Worst case scenario if you copped what you like? Nada. I think it's safe to say, more than half of the homies settled for less and got the happy meal instead of the real deal.

Wheels are like women, they come in all shapes and colors. My theory is get what you like from the get go! Be selective, never settle.

Don't cheat yourself. Treat yourself.

Your friendly neighborhood E-Dogg. :D

...that's right, still rockin' my 9 year old wheels! :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BLACK KRYPTONITE:
WORD

I like the first one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good advice...I will take that in consideration. Ok I need help though, I dont even really know where or how to begin this process. Can someone give me a direction, a name, a website or something. Btw, I would love thos budniks too, I have always liked your rims, and the other guy with budniks too, he lives in texas I think...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

thats not bad

or

lastly, the ones I was considering a lot were these
but do you think theyd work on our big bodies?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
+ 1

Sorry if I piss anyone off, but feel free to ask our opinions in as many posts as you wish. that is what this forum is made for. I promise you that you will go thru at least 5 more choices before settling. There is no greater feeling then bein happy with the rims you choose. Look back at some of my older posts

I went from

16" spokes with white walls
to
17" spokes on vouges
to
18" spokes on vogues
to
20" spokes
to
22" spokes
to
22" spinning spokes
to
Various 22's
to Finally these

Some love them, some hate them.. I won't know until I bolt them up. I saw them spinning and almost shart myself, but I digress

Be patient, be vigilant, watch the haters (ironroad), use this forum to sway your decision and not make it for you and always alway always always always post pictures :D

P.S. ALWAYSSSSS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Firewood... or maybe he woodn't:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by WiltheStilt:

thats not bad

or

lastly, the ones I was considering a lot were these
but do you think theyd work on our big bodies?
#4 rox! </font>[/QUOTE]I love them too, but you dont think they look too "small" for a b-body? What scares me is they are an fwd wheel, well I can bolt them on with adaptors, but fwd to me gives me a mental image that this wheel was made for acuras and smaller v6 sedans you know? Maybe I am tripping, but I sure love the pics there...

these are awesome too
and is it just me or are they kindaaa like the 4th wheel posted above? Or am I crazy, and are the silver ones bigger sturdier looking spokes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Loonatyk, a.k.a Da Roadmasta Masha:
+ 1

Sorry if I piss anyone off, but feel free to ask our opinions in as many posts as you wish. that is what this forum is made for. I promise you that you will go thru at least 5 more choices before settling. There is no greater feeling then bein happy with the rims you choose. Look back at some of my older posts

I went from

16" spokes with white walls
to
17" spokes on vouges
to
18" spokes on vogues
to
20" spokes
to
22" spokes
to
22" spinning spokes
to
Various 22's
to Finally these

Some love them, some hate them.. I won't know until I bolt them up. I saw them spinning and almost shart myself, but I digress

Be patient, be vigilant, watch the haters (ironroad), use this forum to sway your decision and not make it for you and always alway always always always post pictures :D

P.S. ALWAYSSSSS
That is good advice, thanks
I can see you have gone through a lot of change lol! And I am with you, I am not sure what to think on ur current ones, only because I havent seen them bolted on. That is my problem, I have a hard time imagining. Like I think those concept neeper Moxy's above (number 4) look awesome, but I havent seen them bolted on any car in any picture, so for all I know they could look like ass on a b-body. How can I ever get past that? Should I go to a dealer and see them in person?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, I didn't know they looked like that until I got them Home. Rims always look different on the car dor some reason. I say go see em

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sadly these rims are brand new, so it seems no one has them in stock or any photos or anything..argh. Can someone photochop them?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.