Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the usual problems with my arm rests. Broken tabs, screw holes, etc. I was wondering how some of the people on here have addressed their issues. I have the aforementioned broken parts and would also like to reinforce my existing tabs. I posted a thread on here earlier about center console reinforcement and basically the matter came down to the use of fiberglass. Being unfarmiliar with the method, I am not sure if it could also apply on smaller items like arm rests. If anyone can give me any information on what they used to solve this problem it would really help me out. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy crap, now that's what I'm talking about. I love times like this when my palm hits the forehead.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn i was thinking something similar but on the back side of the handle. thats a nice piece to have tho, good find

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plastic weld epoxy. It comes in a black syringe at Wally world or any auto parts store. I epoxied a small flat piece of aluminum to the back of my armrests with holes drilled where the screws go through. I also made one of the aluminum plates styled like the Impalaperformance link to see how it worked on the drivers door. Even with those plates, you still need to reinforce the back of the armrest or it will continue to degrade and break.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by COPRICE 9C1:
Plastic weld epoxy. It comes in a black syringe at Wally world or any auto parts store. I epoxied a small flat piece of aluminum to the back of my armrests with holes drilled where the screws go through. I also made one of the aluminum plates styled like the Impalaperformance link to see how it worked on the drivers door. Even with those plates, you still need to reinforce the back of the armrest or it will continue to degrade and break.
Would you happen to have any pictures of that? From what I understand, you reinforced above and below the screw holes with aluminum plates. Did you have any fitting issues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by ellwooda:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by COPRICE 9C1:
Would you happen to have any pictures of that? From what I understand, you reinforced above and below the screw holes with aluminum plates. Did you have any fitting issues? </font>[/QUOTE]If I think about it I will pull one this weekend and get pictures. No fitment issues and it seems to have helped. My next project with them will be reproduction armrests........someday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.