Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a cam for an LT1. The thing is, it's not for my B-body, it's for a Porsche 944. The end weight will be 3000 pounds max. Any idea's on what cam would be a good one for this weight? I would like at least 350 HP.

It will have a set of custom headers, most likely tri-y, with either 1 5/8 primarys or 1 3/4 primarys, or with 1 5/8 primarys with a step up to the 1 3/4.

I am also going to do an electric water pump, 1.6 rr, power steering delete. Thinking about a 150 shot of nitrous for the just in case situations, but don't want the cam to be made for nitrous.

Thanks in advance.

- Brett Smith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by iiibdsiil:
I am in the market for a cam for an LT1. The thing is, it's not for my B-body, it's for a Porsche 944. The end weight will be 3000 pounds max. Any idea's on what cam would be a good one for this weight? I would like at least 350 HP....
Hey Brett,

I think the CC 306 would be perfect for that lightwieght Porsche... and i happen to have one of those too ;) .

The specs are:
Duration @ .050" Lift ..= 230 INT & 244 EXH
Duration Advertised ...= 290 INT & 307 Exh
Lift with 1.6" rockers ..= .544" INT & .576" EXH
LSA = 112 Degrees.

Andy Nick uses this cam and expects big numbers from it when he hits the no2.

Let me know.

KW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.