0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN: 1G1BL537XPR138357
Heres the vin what engine does it have?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LT1 in a B- or D-body was only offered '94-'96. According to The HERD's VIN decoder page, your engine is either:
7 = L05 5.7L - 205 HP @ 4400, 300 lb-ft @ 2800 (9C1 Police)
7 = L05 5.7L - 180 HP @ 4200, 300 lb-ft @ 2800

That info is given by the 8th position given in the VIN. HTH

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jay, how are ya, well for your 93, take a look at the trunk spid code, if the 9c1 code appears, than it is a police pack an the engine that you got is the 205 hp 300Lb/ft...from what i hear, they are good engines, they do drink a bit more than the 94-96 lt1's, but i think that in terms of repairs you have a slight advantage cause your engine is identical to the civilian models and easier to work on than the LT1s...ciao and good luck!
fabs out...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I did believe you but I put this post up before I got any responces. Thanks for your help guys.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give you some reasons for getting a 94-96 that most people won't:
All 94-96 9C1s have rear disc brakes. After purchasing one, contact www.ClearImageAutomotive.com by phone and ask Dan for a Stealth Bolt - don't worry, he will know what you're talking about. Before you install it, check the nose dive during a stop. Install, and marvel at how a $30 part can dramatically change the way your car brakes - this will also have a positive effect on how your car can be adjusted in the turns.
Bryan Herter can tune for LT1s and L99s, but not L05s.
The L05 is thirstier than the LT1 and is only as horsepowerful as the miserly L99.
The recommended heads for an upgrade to the L05 are based on the LT1 Iron heads, but lack the reverse cooling feature.
N97 wheels are cooler than their predecessors, and they are also cooler.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is a '94 model year but it was built in 10/93

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kind of like mine is a 91 but was registered and on-the-road in july of 1990, built sometime around march '90 I think :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts