Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a 95 9c1 today and I would like to know what to do about the center console.The only console I've seen is the 96 impala ss with the floor shifter.Is there one without the opening there and how can I change it's color.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The 94-95 impala SS had a great console for what you want, essentially its the same shape as the 96 console, but it has 2 cupholders where the 96 has the floorshifter. It is expensive though $300 I think if bought new. But you can probably find one not new on E-Bay that is just as good as new. Also to change the color, check out this web site http://www.nb.net/~vinylpro/products.htm . I just recieved my shipment of everything needed to make my entire interior black from them, the interior is currently blue. I'm a fellow 95 9C1 guy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And oh boy is it a bunch of FUN! I'm still in the process on conveting my car... I have 3 door panels to Dye and them I'm all done... I started off with a 94 9C1 with blue interior also.. I'm using VHT Charcoal Gray Dye with BullDog adhesion promotor as a primer on certain plastics.

I have to prime the soft plastics with BULLDOG, but the super hard pieces allow the Dye to penetrate superbly.. Its wierd, I would think it would be the opposite way.

But anyways Russ, Just as Mike said, the factory console is EXPENSIVE... You can use with SEM or VHT to change its color.... SEM makes exact factory colors if I'm right.

-Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.