Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so ive had alot of trouble buying and ordering the right radiator for my 1995 caprice 9c1 with both external trans and oil coolers, but only the trans runs threw the radiator...

so i got the wrong hardline fitting connection on the radiator for what reason i do not know.... but i can just cheapo my way out of it and bypass the radiator fluid to just go straight to my external cooler on the pass side....

Do you think thats is enough cooling for the trans and will there be flow??

not sure i just dont see how im going to fix it without ordering all the hardlines since someone rigged my **** up ghetto as hell or ran into some type of problem when doing something with the radiator lines and i dont have a piece of the hardline anymore

this is the bypass i want to use as u can see a piece of one of my hardlines is gone replaced with gas /fuel line...

heres my two stock connections that go itno my stock radiator

heres a pic of my stock fitting in my new radiator w/o oil cooler, the one with the oil cooler fit perfect idfk

another one

stock radiator

another picture of the bypass id be using

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so my only real question is do you think it will keep the trans cool enough?? stock caprices and impalas dont have that do they???

so it should work and i dont know what type of fittings to buy but i am gonna go to the ahrdware store and see what i can come up with

please leave feedback, my cars been off the road for like a week and half just because this stupid radiator problem

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
so my only real question is do you think it will keep the trans cool enough?? stock caprices and impalas dont have that do they???

so it should work and i dont know what type of fittings to buy but i am gonna go to the ahrdware store and see what i can come up with

please leave feedback, my cars been off the road for like a week and half just because this stupid radiator problem
No, it won't keep it cool enough if you are talking about bypassing the internal cooler in the radiator. How do you think "stock Caprices and Impalas" cool the trans fluid since they don't have the auxiliary 9c1 external coolers?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Actually the stock Impala's have the external trans cooler, just not the external oil cooler. The trans fluid comes up to temp quicker with it ran through the radiator, which especially matters in cold climates. It also helps cool it down and keeping it at a steady temp by transferring heat through convection to the engine coolant. I may be wrong, but that's how it was explained to me which made good sense.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually the stock Impala's have the external trans cooler, just not the external oil cooler. The trans fluid comes up to temp quicker with it ran through the radiator, which especially matters in cold climates. It also helps cool it down and keeping it at a steady temp by transferring heat through convection to the engine coolant. I may be wrong, but that's how it was explained to me which made good sense.
that makes sense to me

i took off one of the fittings, the other ones soaking in wd 40, im pretty sure thats all i had to do lol i was just to frustrated to see it i think lol, i mean it is my 3rd radiator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts