Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a speacial setup in my car and am competely giving the engine compartment a make over. My questionis that ive removed my abs unit in favor of a hydro-boost and my car is never gonna pass smog again, so i removed the air pump. Now my question is
can i remove the plugs and harnesses without any ill effects. Im converting to odb1 so a tune is in the near future also. Want to try and remove as much as possible wiring wise. thanks nick

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you already have the components unplugged and have dealt with the issues (programmed out the AIR DTCs in the PCM and yanked the ABS lamp in the cluster), then there is no reason you can't remove those wires.

I'll even be happy to take the AIR pump connector (black 3-terminal) and whatever wiring you manager to bring out with it off your hands. You know, just so you don't end up having to throw it away in the landfill or something cwm4

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have completely gutted the compartment painted now I'm reassembling it. I remember the air pump being by the abs. Are those plugs in this same harness? What do they look like how many are there how many wires to each one and if u pay shipping you got a deal. My old motors an hour away and I can't get there to see which plugs go to it

·
Registered
964 Posts
Took a picture of the AIR pump connector on my car. It happens to be the same connector that the crank position sensor in the LS1 PCM conversion uses :D Notice that it looks nearly identical to the MAF connector that is close by, but has notches on the sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool i just sent you a pm but ill ook at the harness tomorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.