Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have a 96 Caprice with the L99 engine. I've got the original window sticker. My problem is that the SPID has several Impala SS option codes! Does anyone know if it was possible to order a Caprice with some SS options? The guy I bought it from assured me that his father ordered it new from the dealership and the VIN on the SPID, car and window sticker all agree. Frankly, I'm stumped. I haven't been able to find any definite answers and the dealer has long closed down. The WX3 code is what got me curious.
Can someone tell me if such a thing was even possible?
Thanks!
Dale

Attachments

Registered
Based on that vin, ur car should have an LT1 not a L99 in it.

Premium Member
The SPID you posted is for a Dark Cherry Metallic (DCM) Impala SS.

77U = Dark Cherry

WX3 = Impala SS

Post up more pictures of the car, stuff like the engine bay, instrument cluster, seats, rear brakes and exterior.

Registered
Have you verified that the vin on the dash actually matches the window sticker and SPID vin?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Have you verified that the vin on the dash actually matches the window sticker and SPID vin?
I braved the cold weather and checked the VIN on the dash and a few other things this morning. Apparently, I have a Caprice, not an Impala SS:( I guess the trunk lid was replaced at some time in the past. However, the DCM paint is factory. I knew that some of the options didn't make sense!
Thanks for the help, guys.

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts