Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my motor above 8 months ago for a rebuild and to replace pretty much everything
A month ago I had a bad seizure (grand mal) due to a brain tumor and 60-100 partial seizrues since then, My memory is slightly affected as a result so if anyone can help me so my buddy can put my motor and tranny in so I can as least make it run even tho I cannot drive for at least 6 months
He is going to do this in 3-4 weeks when my heads arrive as then i have everything

I need help with routing the PVC valve to the front of the intake anyone have a pic I got the fitting, a brand new 90 the metal pipe and the pcv what am i missing ????

I also need to know what to do with the breather?? that used to run from valve cover to TB, I am using the lt4 composite cover and no provision for the hose, should I cap off the TB

I bagged everything that was being reused and labeled them as well as pics but these 4 i dont see and the words came off the bags for some reason

I deleted the EGR the AIR switched to tri y gen 2 and ssri
so if its anything to do with that i dont need,

the one piece i know i used for engine removal but cant recall where it was

see pics below and pls identify for me and tell me a location please

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://shbox.com/1/pcv_pipe.jpg

This might help you with your PCV question, I'm sure somone will chime in with help for the other stuff.

Take it easy and don't sweat the memory loss. I forget stuff all the time and I've never had a seizure. :)

thanks, i forgeot to check there love that site

and i forget stuff too but not myy social security # and such lol
**** sucks :(

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
493 Posts
2nd pic looks like a bracket to hold the solenoid for the charcoal canister. I cant think of its name. Goes on the pass side near the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2nd pic looks like a bracket to hold the solenoid for the charcoal canister. I cant think of its name. Goes on the pass side near the intake manifold.
ahhh i see the thing that runs to the passenger inner fender

thanks thats 3 down

just need to know what the goldish looking thing does

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, props to you for even wanting to stay involved after all that. Prayers for you.

I WANT TO go to the track and race it and finish iy before tumor grows and i lose my right side function due to tumor location if the chemo n proton therapy dont shrink it

cashed out my 401k to fimish it up

·
Registered
581 Posts
The bracket with the cutout tang attached to the passenger side of the intake manifold and holds the EVAP solenoid as The Caretaker stated. The thick bracket with 2 small holes and 1 large one mounts to the rear of the passenger side cylinder head. The small bracket with the bolt is one of the brackets for the spark plug wire looms and I think theh other bracket with the bolt is another one, but not to sure on it.

As for the PCV routing there is an elbow that goes from the front of the intake manifold to the PCV metal tube which goes to another elbow which goes to the PCV valve in the driver side of the intake manifold.

On the breather issue, there should be a hole in the Corvette valve covers for it, just in the top side of the valve cover instead the top surface of it and it also uses a different hose as well. Without seeing pics of it I would say block off the port on the throttle body for it if there is indeed not a hole in the passenger side valve cover for it as you do not want the port left open as it would cause a vacuum leak. Got a couple pictures below courtesy of http://www.1finecaprice.com and one of the pictures shows the hose modified for an inline filter for it to minimize oil from getting into the throttle body. And to finish off the plastic valve covers RMS Auto Parts has a set of Polished Stainless Steel Bolts for them - Peter

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you very much

and i do have the breather hole on the side there never notice it anyone know where to get that filter from

·
Registered
581 Posts
Its from Napa, see the image again from 1fineCaprice.com but I am sure other stores will carry a similar filter. - Peter

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its from Napa, see the image again from 1fineCaprice.com but I am sure other stores will carry a similar filter. - Peter

thank you again for your help have to have someone run me to napa and the dealer tomorrow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts