Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Can stock or more flexible bushings be installed on Metco rear upper extended control arms?

651 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  96 Black 
#1 ·
Hello. I am I am thinking about purchasing the Metco upper and lower extended rear control Arm kit. Ive done some reading about binding causing premature wear on poly bushings. Do all 4 upper bushings wear from this? About how long with normal street driving can these last with occasional abuse? Can stock bushings be pressed in the Metco upper arms?? I’d hate for my poly bushings to rip early and hate to deal with noisy squeaking Sounds. What’s my best route. All feedback welcome. Photo included of Metco kit. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Good brand.
Correct. Based on personal observation they chafe and show signs of the lip of the bracket cutting ridges in the side of the bushing. Obvious torsional bind, but no confirmation it's hogging out the inside.
IIRC it's most visually noticed on the frame end, not the axle ear side.
I've had mine 20 years - 60k miles
Ask the manufacturer about providing rubber bushings or acceptable to replace with your own.
No squeaky sounds. I believe there's a zerk up top. Axle has to be dropped amd still very little window for access.
There's no photo showing. [Edit: pic shows now]

Reactions: helpthe95
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.