Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Roadmaster and the Differential is shot. Can i get an SS rearend and axle from a junk yard and swap it out? That would give me the disc brake stuff as well. What do you think?

·
Registered
658 Posts
also, don't forget to so the stealth and stealth 2 bolt mod to the proportioning valve, it will make the disk rear work even better. A lower cost alternative is the HIPS mod which is a little cheapass and dangerous but just as effective and perfectly safe if done properly. The instructions here are a little hard to follow but they have all the info-

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=278354

Neither mod is necessary , it just makes it work better.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
If you go with rear disk setup, you REALLY will benefit from doing the proportioning valve bolt mod. Give the "cheapass and dangerous" method some serious thoght and consider this kit from Proforged via Summit Racing....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pof-112-10001?gclid=CNX-uZnfnLQCFUKd4Aod9R0AdQ

At only $49 it is a much safer and proven option IMHO. Don't improvise when it comes to your brakes and suspension and use something you know has worked well for others.

You gonna need to bleed the system anyway for the rear swap, why not flush out ALL the brake fluid while you're at it. I have the Proforged brake bolt kit already and plan to install this winter along with a stock brake rebuild and paint up of the calipers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
needing

im in the market for a set of the disc brake brackets for my conversion. I think the caprice ones would work also.. anyone know if the F body brackets of that era would work...
thanks,mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
skip

sent you a message back but not sure it went through. my cell is 540-325-9078 if you need to contact me about the parts. a pic would be great sent to that number also if possible.
thanks,
mark

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
im in the market for a set of the disc brake brackets for my conversion. I think the caprice ones would work also.. anyone know if the F body brackets of that era would work...
thanks,mark
im almost positive there a different bolt patern but I could be wrong

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks skip

Skip on here hooked me up with some NOS discontinued caliper brackets,calipers,pin kit and pads. Then i bought a set of cross drilled rotors. just need to clean and paint housing and assemble and stab her in.
Thanks Skip!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts