Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Can't decide between WET or DRY? (Click here)

8K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  PreDaToR 
#1 ·
#3 ·
that they didn't even discuss the merits of the wet kit or even one other manufacturer makes me wonder how much advertising holley brands does with the magazine.

#4 ·
On an older car like ours, using a wet nitrous system that injects both gasoline and nitrous simultaneously into the intake manifold can prove to be dicey. This is because all the fuel being injected can sit in the manifold and cylinder head's ports and get absorbed into the oil sludge and carbon buildup like a sponge, making it a bomb in the event of a slight backfire. All that fuel wants to combust, and it will rip apart expensive hard parts in the process. Therefore, a dry kit is the safer, more preferred choice for our Killer Whale.

Guess they said older cars with lots of sludge in the intake is the main reason they didn't go wet.

#21 ·
Said it once and I'll say it again. I wouldn't to rely on my injectors to be the only source of fuel go lean and burn up pistons cylinders ect. Been there done that on a good nitrous tune. On nitrous unless you plan on over sizing your injectors go wet.

#5 · (Edited)
Dry has its advantages and disadvantages....Wet has its advantages and its disadvatages, both systems work if done properly and the engine..especially the bottom end is healthy, both kits yied similar results up to about 125 hp shot...anything after that..a wet system would most likely be better...I have had both on my car..Dry kit for about 6 months and a wet system for the next 5 years after that.

Take a look at the ET page...see how many cars (fast ones) are running dry kits..to how many are running wet kits...that magazine is NOT your friend the issue has been chewed on in detail several times..a lot of that info is now gone..but take a look at the ET page...see which cars have nitrous on them that have similar mods that you have...and see which type of kits they are running...you probably wont see very many dry kits being used.

Peace

#6 ·
Dry has its advantages and disadvantages....Wet has its advantages and its disadvatages, both systems work if done properly and the engine..especially the bottom end is healthy, both kits yied similar results up to about 125 hp shot...anything after that..a wet system would most likely be better...I have had both on my car..Dry kit for about 6 months and a wet system for the next 5 years after that.

Take a look at the ET page...see how many cars (fast ones) are running dry kits..to how many are running wet kits...that magazine is NOT your friend the issue has been chewed on in detail several times..a lot of that info is now gone..but take a look at the ET page...see which cars have nitrous on them that have similar mods that you have...and see which type of kits they are running...you probably wont see very many dry kits being used.

Peace
ive run dry kits in the past, and for basically stock cars, they rock. not many of us trying to make the decision are trying to build "fast" cars, just trying to make our mostly stock cars "quick". And in that case, dry kits are fantastic, especially ZEX kits.

#12 ·
"When the nitrous is armed and activated, a regulated amount of high-pressure nitrous oxide gas pressurizes the fuel pressure regulator's diaphragm and spikes the fuel pressure to about 85 psig,"

I could have sworn the PR is actuated by vacuum. How does throwing pressure at it increase the fuel flow ?

#13 ·
I have always used a wet kit. I never did like the idea of the injector being the only source of added fuel. What if your injectors were close/maxed at WOT car goes lean and bye bye motor. Granted I have fouled plugs when the bottle runs out and you are spraying the extra fuel but I would much rather replace plugs than a motor.

#16 ·
#22 ·
wetter is better! i like the TNT F2 kit. that being said, upgrade your injectors and fuel pump, and do all the supporting mods and any of them should be fine.

#23 ·
I have a kit for sale. It's mostly complete, just a couple of minor things needed for $800. See my post titled "Nitrous system available". The components are listed. It's a wet system. Make me an offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.