Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Two things sound likely to me...K&N oil deposits in your MAF sensor, or Bosch (non-Delco) O2 sensors in your new Flow Master exhaust.

I'm by no means a 'spurt, but both make sence to me. - JM.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
interceptor. I just had the MAF replaced about a month ago. So I don't think it would be that, but I'll check and see if its dirty and give it a cleaning if it is.

I think its time for an ignition tune up anyway so I'm going to replace the opti, plugs, wires, and 02 sensors. That should help and if it doesn't fix the problem they still need to be replaced, since I've got over 90,000 miles. 50,000 of which are my own, and I know I've never changed these things and am pretty sure they weren't changed before I bought it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
On a more serious note...try replacing the fuel filter too. It is possible that it is clogged and not getting enough fuel up to the motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you trying to brake torque? Or Just a straight off the line WOT?

Keep in mind as the surface temp gets warmer the better the traction. So the off the line sprints may not get the tire burning that your looking for.

I notice for myself that Brake Torques and putting the car into a slide around a corner is effortless. Off the line (warm temps) I get a few revolutions and then the tires usually grips and off I go. Off the line (cold temps) the car stands still for a few seconds as the tires spin uncontrollably.

So try a couple of things:
1) Brake Torque
2) Try throwing some water down and try to lay a patch

An LT1 equipped B-Body should have no problem breaking the wheels loose under these two conditions I have mentioned.
I got a 1995 Chevy Impala SS dggm I can't burn tires at all even when holding the break a lil it will only burn rubber if it's raining 🤣

·
Registered
137 Posts
Always nice to see these 17 y old threads. Sweet looking Impala!

How wide are your tires? @Tonevaldez23

21 - 31 of 31 Posts