1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I need is in bold.

From 1finecaprices page.
Installing an External Trunk Opener

Q: I saw a Caprice with dual switches where my lighter is. What gives?
A: This is option 6H6: "External Trunk Opener, RH side of Radio". This is a dual switch panel that replaces the cigarette lighter outlet to the right of the radio in the dash. The switches are backlit and match the shape and size of the dual switch panel to the left of the radio. The top switch is an on-off switch that is normally wired to cut off the speedometer and radio display in Police vehicles. This was designed to eliminate any interior light with the car running for surveillance purposes. You could wire this switch to enable or disable the signal to the power antenna relay, allowing you to play CDs (or tapes) with the antenna remaining down. With the switch on, the antenna will go up and down when the radio is turned on as normal. The second switch is a momentary contact power trunk release button, which functions in addition to the one inside the glove box. The cigarette lighter itself is relocated to a hidden blank area in the dash, which is visible only with the ashtray pulled out, as per the SEO Police package.

Q: How can I keep gas from dripping on the rear bumper when fueling?

A: White Caprice vehicles get a special rubber "bib" that is installed behind the license plate bracket. This bib prevents fuel from dripping on the rear bumper during refueling, and is installed on white vehicles because gasoline can cause the paint to yellow. This is a worthy feature no matter what the color, and it is easy to add your Impala.

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts
Switch - Seo 6h6 Rh Seo 6h6 1-button/trunk 10188966 $ 19.69
Switch - Seo 6h6 Rh 1-button/lights Off 10225157 $ 19.62
Switch - Seo 6h6 Rh 2-button Switch 10225158 $ 18.41

All switches listed are discontinued, but available from Vintage Parts - prices shown are from this listing - not current

fuel splash shield - discontinued part

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,429 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I might have the 2 button switch that goes where the lighter goes in a box of 9C1 parts I have. Let me know if you still need and I can check.

·
Registered
11,743 Posts
I just pulled a switch from a 9C1 2 days ago. $20 shipped. Sorry about the fuzzy pic of the wiper/gate release.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome response guys!
Sent few pms waiting for answers and or payment info.
Noticed navy lifter knows his stuff.
Where u get all the part info from?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok 2 more things I might want some pics of or the parts if you have them.

The panel that goes in the spot on wagons (P/N 10203772): it contains an on/off switch for the rear wiper and a momentary contact button for the hatch release.

If you still need more room, several companies have permanently sealed the ashtray shut and mounted rockers on top of it. This could be handy for many things, and slid out of the way to use the cupholder.Where can i get this?
Im looking for few extra buttons with a factory feel and no drilling/cutting

·
Registered
25 Posts
- jesus christ! this thread is a LIFE SAVER!! those websites helped me find a trunk release button ive been looking for, for years.........

- i printed off all the diagrams i think i may need in the future as well.

- thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts