Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well I got my fueling issues sorted out and went for broke tonight, but still haven't been able to break into the 11's. I think that I have reached the maximum potential for my car using nitrous with the current setup.

It was very high humidity and about 65F at the track, and the barometric pressure a very low 29.5 in.

First I ran a 150 shot. 12.32 @ 111.9 (1.73 60')
Next a 175 shot, 12.22 @ 111.6 (1.71 60')
and 12.27 @ 112.2 (1.76 60')
Finally a 200 shot 12.21 @ 112.1 (1.73 60')

For each shot I pulled 2 degrees per 50 hp of timing. The runs I logged showed no more than 2 degrees of knock retard and acceptable O2 readings.

So it looks like I might be gaining a bit with the 175 and next to nothing with the 200 shot.

I guess I will stick with the 175 shot and wait for some nice fall weather before I give up on an 11 second slip with this setup.

Any comments, astute observations, or good advice is welcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn the luck Chris...ONLY 12.20's :D

Nice runs man...I'd be happy !!! Cooler weather might yield a little better time ???

I am FAR from an expert on nitrous (I am STILL waiting to try mine out for real..(had to fix the OOPs from the rear end collision with a Suburban :mad: ), but it looks like, from the MPH you posted, you may have maxed out your combo....head flow maybe ??? I also, from reading Georges stuff, have seen that Nitrous HP jeting progression, and actual ET progrssion do not go hand in hand past a certain point. Also, from my logs (all 2 of them :D ), I found that the jetting for the fuel was pretty rich...not totally bad from a safety standpoint, but it can hinder your ET's.

I may be way off base here..and if I am someone will surely point it out ;) In any case..I need to get my butt in gear before the shootout !!!!!

SSee ya, Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope Scott; you pretty much hit the nail on the head... You've done your home work now do the leg work and put the damn thing in .. :D .. Ummmm wait a minute, didn't I see a pic of yours in? so what are you waiting for? :confused:

Those are some good number Chris ,, The bad news is that weather will have very little effect on your setup because your weather is in the bottle .. :D That's what I love the best about this stuff!! Weather is no longer a consideration; Traction is !! :D Darn,, I ran 13.13 @ 103 MPH on a cool dry night and a 12.83 @ 108 MPH on a hot day .... I'm sure I have not reached my potential yet but I do need a new fuel pump before I can step it up for now ....

What are you using for data logging ? I'd like to see the numbers ..... I may be able to help ...
Great Job !!!

CYA
Kenny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys

Scott,

I probably am close to maxed out. I have a spare pair of iron heads in the garage I might sink some cash in by next year. That and a bigger cam designed for nitrous would probably do the trick. I don't want to lose the drivability of the car, but with the bigger lsa of most nitrous cams the car hopefully would still be streetable.

Kenny,
I just used my old Hypertech Powerscan and looked at the data at the track. It only logs about 10 sec. per a file so I hit the button after I launch :eek: The 02s were 850's. I have OBD2 explorer but have had a hard time setting it up to log data in an efficient manner. (any help on this would be great too)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris,
Great runs!! :D I tend to agree on the point of maxing out your setup. I think the only reason my car is doing better with less juice is due to the AFR's. They suck N/A but love the forced induction.
Our cams arnt that much different but I was told when I bought the AFR's that they run asnd flow much better with any kind of forced induction being no2, supercharger, or turbo. You will get the 11's just hang in there. Going to try 150 jets next time at the track. Will let you know how I do. :confused:
HVY SS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris,

Next time you make a run, check to see if the intake has any vacuum at WOT. With that 52mm TB, you should pe pulling a couple of inches of vacuum even at WOT. You might also check your MAF readings on and off the juice.

A cheaper solution than a new cam might be to install some cutouts for use at the track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey HVYSS I e-mailed you and haven't heard back. I think with the AFR's you'll have an 11 for sure. Don't worry about the bottom end as long as you keep the tune fat enough.

Thanks for the suggestions Stonebreaker. Maybe a 58mm TB would help?? :confused:

Cutouts are to radical for my mid-mannered car. It looks and sounds pretty much stock at the track with the BFG's DR's on stock wheels and the 227 cam. I usually even run with the center caps on and have the baby seat in the back. I make sure my opponent knows this too. :D When I launch off the line they don't know what hit them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey are you spraying out of the hole?

Cause dude you should ahve at least dropped a full second... I think something is up...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nory:
Hey are you spraying out of the hole?

Cause dude you should ahve at least dropped a full second... I think something is up...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nory,

I am using a window switch and a WOT switch. I roll into the throttle, and the window switch is set for 3300-6000.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSONIC:
Thanks for the suggestions Stonebreaker. Maybe a 58mm TB would help?? :confused:

Cutouts are to radical for my mid-mannered car. It looks and sounds pretty much stock at the track with the BFG's DR's on stock wheels and the 227 cam. I usually even run with the center caps on and have the baby seat in the back. I make sure my opponent knows this too. :D When I launch off the line they don't know what hit them
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm not sure if a 58mm TB would help or not - that's why I was suggesting logging the vacuum at WOT. If you're pulling a couple of inches of vacuum at WOT, then a bigger TB might help you get that 11.

I understand the allure of a sleeper. But if the problem is backpressure, then the cutouts may give you a boost. Mine don't do anything for me NA, but they're worth about 3 tenths on the 150 shot. And you don't have to run them every time - just once so you have that 11!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.