Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new here and I'm not sure where is the best place to ask this question.

So here is the deal, I have a 2009 G8 GT that I have done quite a bit of work to. My dad has a 1995 Caprice 9c1 that he bought wrecked back in, maybe 98, that was a highway patrol car. He repainted it once but the clear coat was no good and cracked. He reapainted again and it has sat for the last 12 years at least in his garage.

Now he wants to buy my G8 from me and I am kicking around the idea of taking the 9c1 off his hands but have no idea what it is worth. The Caprice has probably less than 60k miles on it.

Any bit of advice helps and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Any pics of the caprice? No matter how nice that 9c1 is, I wouldn't trade straight across. Especially since the G8s hold their value very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any pics of the caprice? No matter how nice that 9c1 is, I wouldn't trade straight across. Especially since the G8s hold their value very well.

I don't have any pics of caprice at the moment. I actually ended up selling my G8 to someone else.

I would still like to get the Caprice from him but he is thinking maybe close to $7k for it. I think it is a bit high. It is low miles and fresh paint though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For most Caprice's 7k is a bit much. We need details though, otherwise I'm shooting the dark. For example, any rust?, Lt1? What's the underneath look like? I'd say a 95' 9C1 at 60k if in great condition with LT1 ect, maybe somewhere near 5k. Just guessing tho.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
It's worth $3000 tops, less if it's a rebuilt salvage.
Check facebook for comparison
Nab

Reactions: Marky Dissod

·
Registered
135 Posts
I said 5k mostly because here in AZ, caprice's consistently sell for more than they should for some reason. Not sure where the op is located tho, so likely irrelevant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts