Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago I rear-ended a car with my '93 caprice sedan. I parked that and kept it as a parts-car and bought a '91 caprice wagon.

I just hit a deer with the wagon. Deer do a lot of damage at 70mph Luckily I can fix some of the parts from the other caprice to use on this one.

There's 5 people who drive caprices around this small town, and in the last 2 months 4 have hit deer, and I'm on my second car. (that's 5 wrecked caprices) The only one who hasn't wrecked his caprice yet is my dad (I hit a deer with his car 4 years ago)

1) Me: wrecked a '93 sedan and hit deer with '91 wagon
2) My brother: Hit deer with '92 sedan
3) Local cop: Hit deer with 91 sedan
4) local woman: Hit deer with 91 sedan
5) Dad: usually keeps his '91 sedan in storage, but now I have to borrow it until my wagon is fixed. I'm getting nervous about the last remaining straight complete shiny caprice in town!

We're running out of hoods and head-lights. Luckily my family has 6 caprices (3 drivers, 3 parts-cars). This is getting old

I might have to buy a crown-vic if I run out of good caprices to drive :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but you live in MN, you know it's deer season.... why not buy a truck for deer season. :confused:

It's not Caprice season, so I am going to have to turn you all in.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go wash your mouth out with soap, using a four letter word like that :D You should of been able to drive the chevys home but..a..ClownVic***FoundOnRoadDead***** :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A deer totaled my car a week and a half ago, I was only going 40mph but it hit above the bumper dead center and set off the airbags which just caused more damage. Not the first one I hit with this car either. This last time good headlights would not have helped but I do think part of the problem much of the time is the terrible lighting these have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by chevmdnss:
but you live in MN, you know it's deer season.... why not buy a truck for deer season. :confused:
The reason I bought a wagon is so I wouldn't need a truck. I drive 60-90 miles a day, and there's no trucks out there with all the conveniences and gas mileage of my wagon for as cheap as my wagon. Not to mention, I have 7 cars already, and no place for another one :D

I got it pulled out, headlights in it, and banged out the dents tonight. It looks like hell, but it has lights.

On the bright side, I just bought an Impala grille for it, but didn't have it installed yet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I lived up there, I always had an old 4x4 chevy K5 Blazer or K10. I wasn't taking any chances with my good rides.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We got the same prob up here. I am lucky. I have come a hair's breadth a couple of times. Abs was working overtime.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On my way home today I almost rehit one someone left in the center of a lane :mad: I then stopped turned around and moved the thing. I could just see some idiot coming along after me and over steering to avoid it and going in the ditch or worse yet oncomming traffic.
I was driving my backup car, a Topaz imagine what a deer would do to that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.