Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the P/N for the Caprice 92 to 96 front bumper impact bar is? I'm trying to find out if it is the same P/N as the 94 RMW impact bar. I want to install a smoothy caprice bumper on my RMW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a cprice front bumper on my RMW and you will want a caprice reiforcemant to do the swap. They were different on the 91. The roadmaster reiforcement dips down in the center do accomodate the front cover dipping in the center for the taller grill. When you change the front cover you will have to change the grill because the caprice front end goes straight across under the headlghts and the RMW does not. Hope that helps!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by WindSSurfer:
RS Wagon,
Thanks for that info. Does the Caprice sedan also have the same front bumper as the wagon?
Yep, sure does. And there are plenty of those in junkyards, atleast around here. My bumper support cost $10 at a local pick and pull

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll need to change the hood latch mechanism to Caprice as well. The RMW is longer to accomodate the taller grille.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up Bluwhale. Just another one of those things that make you say what the F---! after you install everything and the hood won't latch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't forget to get a caprice grill support and caprice/impala grill sense the stock grill and support are too tall. You should be able to get the latch release with the support

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, you should be all set

(bumper support, bumper skin, grill support, hood release bar/lever, and grill)

That grill your getting looks pretty cool, post pics when you get everything installed :D :cool:

Something else that you might want to get is a set of body color front wheel well moldings sense your stock chrome ones will look alittle out of place with your new snout. You can get new Impala ones from dal already painted one of the impala colors (BBB, DCM, DGGM). They are reasonably cheap, i believe i paid $30 or something for a pair in DCM last year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.