Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey i was just curious if anyone know stuff about 94-96 caprice ltz since i never see it get talked about on the forum,
i see everyone talk about 93 LTZ ... but i came across a few 96 ltz for sale in Saudi Arabia and around there
... i was wondering if its practically the same thing as a 9c1
and wanted to know whats the difference between the LTZ compared to a B4U and what so ever

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
No such thing as a '94-'96 Caprice LTZ.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No such thing as a '94-'96 Caprice LTZ.
Yea LTZ trim ceased production after the 1993 Model Year.

the reason why ive been asking about it because all the adds for cars for sale you see alot of caprice ltz for sale

if you have google chrome, here are some links and good can translate arabic to english... i noticed the have the Caprice LTZ plate over the radio, along with LTZ badge on the fenders and hood... and i know they werent B4U models, since they don't come with mechanical fans, they all come with electrical fans, could they be 9c1... you can look through other adds other then the ones i gave

http://www.haraj.com.sa/11108424/كابريس_موديل_95_نظيييييييف_/

and

http://www.haraj.com.sa/11114625/كابرس_موديل_96_ال_تي_زد_أبيض_والبيع_على_آخر_سومةللجادين_/

and

http://www.haraj.com.sa/11122114/كابرس_96_ال_تي_زد_/

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
LT1 LTZ, Wow! Learn something new every day about these cars... :cool:

Try getting THAT dash plate!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
LT1 LTZ, Wow! Learn something new every day about these cars... :cool:

Try getting THAT dash plate!
I tried getttin the dash plate fro my LTZ, no luck anyone carrying it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess what we call an LT1 over here, they call an LTZ out there... but i think i seen some with one muffler also... wish they gave the vin number in all the adds, so we could really see whats in them

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
i guess what we call an LT1 over here, they call an LTZ out there... but i think i seen some with one muffler also... wish they gave the vin number in all the adds, so we could really see whats in them
Well the engine is LT1, so that would be the same regardless. I'm guessing what we call a Caprice Classic LS is the same as an LTZ over there.

·
Registered
472 Posts
WOW.....very cool. Looks like that heat out there does some serious damage

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
472 Posts
yeah almost all the caprice ss say collectors edition over the radio... Im gunna try to get some vin numbers, don't mind paying the long distance fees lol
OK....I'm really confused now...I thought it would have read "Caprice SS" above the radio such as the factory looking emblem that's really hard to come across these days???

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK....I'm really confused now...I thought it would have read "Caprice SS" above the radio such as the factory looking emblem that's really hard to come across these days???
yeah there are some that have caprice ss, but theres also some that say collectors edition

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
From what I can gather through a little research and some common sense, at least I think anyway

Caprice LS was available here through 94-96, but I Think that it was mainly 96, it is a B4U, tow pack car, FE3 suspension, basically the standard B4U drum brakes and all I have one in the shop right now :)

Caprice LTZ overseas, was a non tow pack B4U, with the FE3 suspension and most likely disc brake rear with 3.08's

Caprice SS overseas is in all reality a rebadged imp, But they changed the WX3 in the RPO tag to something like WX8

I will see what I can dig up, but I am sure that this information is very limited like most things from GM on older model cars. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts