Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turn on my Fav TV show CSI (the OG not the crappy knock offs) And the first thing I see Flying at me is a Caprice I be live it was a 94. It was a little quick for me to check all the details

YeTI

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yep, the bad guys were shooting out of the back window

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you seen the re-run of the one where Paul Mullander is after Grissom, you'd seen about 10 or so of them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by YoYoKing:
I turn on my Fav TV show CSI (the OG not the crappy knock offs) And the first thing I see Flying at me is a Caprice I be live it was a 94. It was a little quick for me to check all the details

YeTI
it had the 95/96 rear quarter window.

when they were looking for prints inside i noticed it looked like a 1993 dash

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a 91-92....blue...i think...had skirts...and the long dash

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The one I saw was round wheelwells and I want to say 94 down mirrors there were probably several, wife got home in the midst of the chase and started babbling so I missed some of it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is important to note that is that when they want you to take the LEO seriously they don't feature a Clown Dic!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just suprised it wasn't hopping up and down on hydraulics during the chase.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I hadn't seen the episode in question, so I downloaded it.

I love to see our cars in the media. I have posted The entire unedited chase scene onto my website. I figured others may not have seen it, or don't want to see the whole show.

It is in a lower resolution, I figured save bandwidth. It is definitely watchable.

CSI Chase scene.

I have also made a high resolution edited version and added some comments to it.

Edited version with comments.

They used at least three cars. a '91, a '93, and a 95/96. There is nothing to tell us which year. Wish there was. Not mentioned in the video, they even used two entirely different locations to film the chase, wreck, and ensuing shootout.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just watched it again (thanks Dean). I was so busy watching the Caprice the night it first aired that I didn't even notice that Brass was driving a black Charger.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Watched the movie Jumanji last night. (The one with Robin Williams in which a bunch of animals come out of a board game and harrass the town.) They used a lot of Caprices and/or 9C1s for the police cars, and most of them were destroyed. One was squished by an elephant! I had seen the movie before I got my Caprice, but I wasn't very "Caprice/Impala/9C1 aware" then. Now that I own one I see what a waste of beautiful autombiles it was. The movie came out in 1995, so those cars were plentiful at the time. I can't ever watch it again.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I saw that CSI. Unfortunatelly the bad guys were using the Caprice as a "blocker" for another car. The Caprice was the decoy with guns blazing to draw attention away from the escaping Buck Regal. I guess Caprices are disposable cars for bad-guys.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dammit! I just hope the parts go to use use.

They should use crown vics instead..

Nice breakdown in the vid! :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was that CSI New Orleans? you know in the third ward by 6th and barone? lol

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by WilDaBeaSSt:
...the bad guys were using the Caprice as a "blocker" for another car. The Caprice was the decoy with guns blazing to draw attention away from the escaping Buck Regal.
Didn't think of it until you mentioned it. It happens IRL too!

Years back, I saw a Caprice (box model) run blocker for a "stolen" Monte Carlo SS that the fords were chasing. It also was successful in helping the G body escape while sacrificing itself in an accident. Anyone ever sees that chase again I would LOVE to have a copy!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts