Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Some time ago I bought a '95 Caprice LT1/4L60E complete with PCM and wiring harness off ebay to put in my '48 Chevy Aerosedan. I recently started exploring simplifying the wiring harness for my needs and decided an F-body harness would be a better start because it doesn't include all the extraneous stuff the B-body harness includes. (ABS, lights, who knows what?). I've bought an F-body harness but haven't received it yet.

Now, I also recently discovered the PS pump appears to be out of a Buick or Cadillac -- it's got the Variable Assist Actuator on the outlet side. I've bought a Caprice pump so I could install the pump pressure adjust kit needed for use with a Mustang II PS rack (not knowing whether the kit would fit in the Buickadillac pump).

I've just put the original harness up on ebay, listing it as compatible with the Roadmaster and Fleetwood, but now I'm worried that I've assumed way too much.

Anyone know if the three wiring harnesses are sufficiently similar to be compatible? The harness I got with the motor is quite complete; it appears to have the firewall pass-through and all the connectors on the other end. I've found zero cut wires.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers -- Gary

PS If it's ok for the Chevy, would it also be OK for an L99 engine?

The day is committed to error and floundering; success and achievement are matters of long range.-- Goethe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Anthony, but that wasn't exactly the problem. I'll be leaving any modifying of the harness to its new owner.

I was hoping to be able to tell him exactly what differences he'll encounter and assure him ignoring them/clipping the extra connectors off will not cause any problems.

For instance, the Variable Assist Actuator, which changes the steering wheel feedback depending on car speed on the Buick and Cadillac, has a two pin receptacle on the PS pump which receives a connector on the harness that I'm selling. If the guy that buys it is going to put it in a Caprice, I'd like to be able to tell him to ignore that connector and nothing else needs to be done.

And so with any other differences.

Similarly, I'd like to be certain that all the connectors on the Buick/Cadillac harness that the Caprice uses are in the same location as those on the Caprice harness.

Anybody have any more specific information for me?

Thanks again, in advance.

Cheers -- Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts