Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured that I would get anew thread for this going, as the one in the for sale section, is going a little bit away from the gentleman selling an original dash plate. ;)

I have a call into my CNC guy with the STEP files to cut some dashplates for me. I will have to let you know what the price is, as I haven't heard anything back from him yet. I have the generic file that I can make a whole lot of changes to. So it will be fully customizable, I know there is someone on there that is making these already but I figured that I would try something different, I Will elaborate later on if it works.

They will be made from aluminum, for those wondering.

Link to previous thread here.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=247042&page=4

I will update when I hear something back.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Well I figured that I would get anew thread for this going, as the one in the for sale section, is going a little bit away from the gentleman selling an original dash plate. ;)

I have a call into my CNC guy with the STEP files to cut some dashplates for me. I will have to let you know what the price is, as I haven't heard anything back from him yet. I have the generic file that I can make a whole lot of changes to. So it will be fully customizable, I know there is someone on there that is making these already but I figured that I would try something different, I Will elaborate later on if it works.

They will be made from aluminum, for those wondering.

Link to previous thread here.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=247042&page=4

I will update when I hear something back.
would it be the same price to have a custom one made, like my username instead of "caprice ss"

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
INC? or maybe a SAIL :)

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEah I would think that there wouldn't be any difference, I just have to find out what my CNC guys setup time and all that nonsense would be, you know. I will make some examples and see what you think.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok babyblue, for some reason the font gets my program all screwed up and I can't put 9C1 in it, I think that it has something to do with the way it would be cut. Here is a preview of what I can come up with

Attachments

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Ok babyblue, for some reason the font gets my program all screwed up and I can't put 9C1 in it, I think that it has something to do with the way it would be cut. Here is a preview of what I can come up with

that actually looks pretty cool, can your CNC guy do throttle body plates as well?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably I would assume anyway, I have an extra one laying around I can take the measurements and dink around with it and see what I come up with.

Cory I will work on it right now, I am having trouble with the program, it is being an a$$hole :)

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my turn my turn lol can i see CoryBlack and one that says All Black Everything if it fits
Here you go I will have to work on the other one for you, I am not sure that it will fit, I need to try and revise the font as it is screwing up some of the machining aspects of the program, I will keep working on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Here you go I will have to work on the other one for you, I am not sure that it will fit, I need to try and revise the font as it is screwing up some of the machining aspects of the program, I will keep working on it.
what program are you using?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the INC one.

I am still dinking with the fonts as the program I have is having a heart attach trying to engrave them. I will see what I can figure out on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i've used that program before aswell, its been awhile, didnt get too far with it either
Yeah it isn't really that hard it is just when I try to engrave in the project some of the letters cause a stupid ass error that I can't get rid of, the only way to do it is to remake the font, Not sure I know how to do that. LOL

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.