Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah Cory is right, the last one that was on here sold for 50 bucks. So I figured I would offer, and really who cares if they don't make them anymore, new you could get them for 20 bucks or so when they did make them, so I figured a little appreciation would make it 50 bucks. I got a guy that could CNC me one for 50-60 bucks, here locally. Just figured I would try to get factory GM part. It just amazes me that a piece of plastic is going for so much these days.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
i just sold mines a few months ago for $50. i wasn't out to rip people off, just help out the b-body community as i can. i swear some people are leeches!! $150 for a dash plaque?/cwm3cwm3cwm3

·
Premium Member
1,906 Posts
Sure thing I will get it together and look into it. I just have to make a CAD/CAM file so he can CNC them I will see what I can come up with.
i would be down for one

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys its not my price. A friend of mine picked up a 9c1 and thats how much he saw them for on ebay so he was firm with the price. Ill see what I can talk him into though.

love how my thread turned into a group purchase opportunity lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
Or another idea would be to buy regular dash plates, somehow remove the factory 'Caprice Classic" lettering, and stick a vinyl decal on it. I think that would be the easiest, cheapest way AND you could custom colors if you wanted!!!!

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Or another idea would be to buy regular dash plates, somehow remove the factory 'Caprice Classic" lettering, and stick a vinyl decal on it. I think that would be the easiest, cheapest way AND you could custom colors if you wanted!!!!
I thought I saw once on here where someone was able to split the Caprice Classic or Impala SS plaque open and you could then customize these as you want. Just not sure I ever saw anything else about it. I still have my Caprice Classic plaque somewhere in that black hole that I call a Garage. Maybe I'll see if I can tear it open if I can find the thing. I was fortunate years ago and bought the Flat hood badge and Caprice SS dash part from the dealer. Wish I bought 20 of 'em.

Sold the Hood badge for $45 (not looking to gouge anyone) and still have my GM Caprice SS dash part and will never sell that. But I would be interested in something (Group Purchase maybe) if you get these CNC'd. Might look pretty cool and it would be a little different.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts