Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Or another idea would be to buy regular dash plates, somehow remove the factory 'Caprice Classic" lettering, and stick a vinyl decal on it. I think that would be the easiest, cheapest way AND you could custom colors if you wanted!!!!
There is a guy Adam in the vendor section makes them all the time anything you want.he made me a wagon ss one.looks factory.maxamuss I think is his forum name.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
E
Yeah I just found his ad for them in the vendor section. I think his user name is Toadhaulexpress or something. Price seems reasonible from him, I thought they were more for some reason.
no that's not Adam.toadhauler makes billet stuff.Adam does graphics and t-shirts.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
Well getting closer I have the STEP files over to my CNC guy here in town, I will see what the cost is going to be. I made two versions, the one where the lettering is embossed or extruded from the face, is designed to glue back on the original backing of the dash plaque. I have an idea that I will go on further with in a different thread. But here are the pics. I will start another thread when the time comes for purchase or how many I need to make type of thing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Well getting closer I have the STEP files over to my CNC guy here in town, I will see what the cost is going to be. I made two versions, the one where the lettering is embossed or extruded from the face, is designed to glue back on the original backing of the dash plaque. I have an idea that I will go on further with in a different thread. But here are the pics. I will start another thread when the time comes for purchase or how many I need to make type of thing.
Mike,
What material are you planning on having these machined from?

Thanx.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.