Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering, what are your guys' opinions are Caprices vs. Crown Vics? My opinion is personally that the Caprices can outdue the Crown Vics with menial effort. If this has been posted elsewhere, please send me a link and delete this posting.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For one, they're more spacious and stylish. They have higher acceleration than the Vic as well as a higher top speed. There have been many restoration efforts made to restore the old Caprice police cars that were retired. I've done a lot of research, and I just believe that overall, the Caprice is the better vehicle, and even many of the officers who had them when the were forced to convert to Vics have high regards towards the Caprice concerning their performance and roomy interior. I'm never personally tested a Caprice against a Vic, and I've only owned a Caprice, but I've done my research and I'm pretty sure that if it came down to a show down between a Caprice and the Vic, the Caprice would at least beat the Vic in some categories. Not to mention the Vics had issues with rear-end explosions. Keep in mind that I'm no professional, and feel free to bash me all you want.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I owned a 9c1 for a 9 years as my daily driver. I bought a Crown Vic 2005 Police model and sold it in 9 months.

Compared to the caprice, the Vic is a big disappointment. Feels like less car in every aspect.

My opinion!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
835 Posts
I owned a 9c1 for a 9 years as my daily driver. I bought a Crown Vic 2005 Police model and sold it in 9 months.

Compared to the caprice, the Vic is a big disappointment. Feels like less car in every aspect.

My opinion!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

And to think 05 is the fastest year... The only thing a Vic has going for it is that parts are cheap and plentiful .... The V6 police charger beats crown vic and doesn't guzzle fuel

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
One is a Chevy and the other is a fafafaFord.....nuff said. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I have driven my 1994 9C1 for 17 years and I had purchased a 2005 P71 Crown Vic and I sold the Crown Vic with-in three months. I hated that car. The front seat reminded me of a bus seat from school. The seatbelt was too short and the extender put the belt right on my neck. The brakes on the Vic were substandard to the Caprice as was the high speed handling. The Caprice felt glued to the road at high speeds and the Vic made me feel like it was floating and not gripping. The Crown Vic also had a drive by wire throttle and I could not feel the pedal resistance and was forever spinning the tires. The Vic ran like a cat compared to the Big Dog feeling of driving the Caprice. There is no comparison and to add icing to this cake, I have been a diehard Ford man my whole life until I got my 9C1 and now I enjoy my Caprice and listen to all the mouth running about me driving a Chevy. If the Crown Vic ran 1/2 as good as the Caprice I might own one but basically it is the difference between a z06 and a Cooper Mini!

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Banned
438 Posts
I have had the chance to drive my father's 2006 Crown Vic P71 trooper car in between the destruction of the 94' and completion of the 96' build.

The Crown Vic definitely has better traction than the 96' 9C1. This is kind of insulting because the 96' has 275/60/R15's in the back and has the G80 option. But that is really all the crown vic is good for, fifty feet off the line. That being said the caprice better in every other category.

It doesn't turn heads either, which is great. People have a tendency to drive under the speed limit when the crown vic is coming in from behind.

-LT-

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I just bought an '06 P71 with only 52k miles on it. I'm not impressed with it at all. 245 hp isn't much, but it could be because my DD has been an '05 CTS-V. There's lots of space inside and a ton of space in the trunk. They seem to be reliable and pretty cheap to pick up at auction depending on mileage and condition.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
The vic is similar sized but deffinately a different car. The vic trunk is much bigger than the caprice, I really love the trunk space. The doors feel very light compared to the caprice. From the drivers seat the hood on the vic seems to bulge up into the line of sight. Then theres the engine... 4.6L weakling for 20 years?? There should have at least been an option for a better engine. Highway gas mileage on the vic can be impressive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts