Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, what are the differences/ similarities between Road Masters and caprices. I know that everything from an Impala will fit a 94-96 caprice and most on 91-93, but I don't know about RMs. I am having a hard time finding a caprice with the LT1 (and I have to have that), but I see RMs everywhere so I'd like to know what will fit and what won't. I know that all 94-96 RMs came with the LT1 so that is all good. But what about suspension? Exterior? Interior? How about wagons? Thanks, and sorry for all the questions
. Thanks again, Jud

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mostly everything from an SS will fit a roadmaster except the exterior part's.Everything is direct fit for these car's as far as swoping parts from one to the other.As long as you know what goes where and you know the year's of what car's your working on you shouldnt have any problem's ,it's realy common sence when it come's to these car's they are so compatable ,keep the questions coming you wont learn anything unless you ask!LaTerZ...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BBODYLTZN. So now that I look at the RM and the caprice a little closer I can see that the bodies are quite different, sorry. But you said that most everything else will fit. So the interior stuff is the same? I heard that the Caddy FW had a 6in longer chassis. And the RM and FW look quite similar. Is the RM 6in longer to? Will Exterior stuff interchange between them? :confused: Thanks again :D , Jud

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Buick and Chevy cars are "B" bodies, but the Caddy is a "D" body. There are still many things that swap between B&D bodies but it is mostly chassis hard parts and of course most drivetrain parts. I don't know of any body parts that swap from B to D though. There are some that are close and CAN be slightly modified to work.
Kevin

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some body parts are directly interchangable between the RM and Caprice... :D
See sig pic

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NTAPHSE:
the doors are the same<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think the rear doors are, I may be wrong, but they look different and I remember reading that they were somewhere.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rear doors ARE different, fronts are the same.
Kevin

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Remember RM wagons are basically Caprice wagons with a different grille and front bumper. Otherwise all the wagons including the Custom Cruiser are Caprice bodies. I took off all the badges on my RM wagon, so you could mistake it for a Chevy from the back or side. If you are looking for a cool ride check out the wagon section under "wagon fever". 15x8" Police Tahoe wheels on a blue wagon without the woodgrain, SWEET!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention not all LT1's are really LT1's in the Caprices. Some are look alike L99's (4.3 liter) Even some Police cars came with the smaller engine. L99's are nice for their 3.00" stroke (high revs/easy on bearings) and gas mileage.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Erik from Aggieland, that dog may be stupid but I love the hair doo. If it's a she, can you email phone no.? BTW, that SR-71 is interesting looking. :cool: :cool: :cool: +=+Larry '96 9C1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts