Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to all the gurus, i ran up on what i believe to be a deal on a complete LS1 out of a wrecked camaro. someone please chime in and let me know how easily or not the LS1 will go in to our cars and how much computer programming is required to get them to link up with our instrument panel.
thanks
john

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That is one big can of worms you want to open. Its mucho work. The crossmember under the oil pan has to be reworked, custom trans crossmember,wiring harness,driveshaft,AC lines and you have to find headers to fit. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. But it has been done

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HUGE project, There is ONE guy that i know of on the forum, that has done it. Cost him plenty of $$ and I recall him saying He would never do it again. (i could be wrong though)

Just do an L99 to LT1 swap, youll be happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah sell the LS1 and build up a LT1 and swap it for the L99. Well thats if you were going to make a profit out of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lot's of work for good results. Be sure you get the LS1 computer you will need it to run the engine. The B-body wiring harness will have to be adapted to the LS1 PCM.

Jose Rodriguez

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would it be more worthwhile to bore the LT1 out to a 383 :confused: I've visited Callaway out in Old Lyme Conneticut, I got a ride in a Callaway Impala SS with the 383 and that thing moved out like an F-15 jet :eek: I think the horse power was like 405 with 445 torque

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 03'RedMonster:
Would it be more worthwhile to bore the LT1 out to a 383 :confused: ......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe a 396 :D :D !!!

KW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of my budies did the swap. He is known here as T56impala.
From what I know, he put down a good chunk of change on the swap and endless hours of labor. He did all the work himself, accept installing a cam. Yep, the Ls1 is cammed. With the custom 2.5" exhaust and ATR mufflers, it sounds bad ass.

He installed a C5 Corvette version of the LS1 in his Impala, and a F-body T56 trans. The cost of mating the wiring to the LS1 pcm was round $2,000. Like was said above, the crossmember had to be modifided also. The thing is a beaSSt, but still needs the bugs worked out.

There seems to be some ignition voltage problem that he can't figure out. It's half of what it should be. Around 6.6v. Anyone know what could be the problem/solution? Thanks-

Also, I would like to note that the engine seems to be light as hell because even with ebaich springs, the car went up like 2" up front. That's gotta be a plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.