Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
who makes the best one for our cars and if you have any pictures please put them up
Please don't do this... they don't look good at all. Find a local tint shop that does the clear paint protection film and have that done. I had it done to my daily driver and from most angles you can't even tell it's there.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the reason why im doing this is because i am going to be driving 8 hrs weekly on the highway and i dont wanna deal with the bugs it will be off at all other times

·
Registered
26 Posts
Colgon customs . Haven't any pics only on facebook or myspace

·
Registered
8,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
bras were ment for one thing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Colgan

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Please don't do this... they don't look good at all. Find a local tint shop that does the clear paint protection film and have that done. I had it done to my daily driver and from most angles you can't even tell it's there.
they dont look bad

408_LT1 imp

and i think is called le'bra or something like that

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Ree SS,

1st off, great pic man....and at a family oriented carnival/amusement park no leSS. Yep, I would have got a punch to the face from the wife upon seeing that chick at a carnival, look out now!

96ss_dan,

Nothing screams 80z like a front end bra! (think IROC-Z circa 1985-86).

Now, I know you were not alive to enjoy that sight, so just google it and have a huge laugh on me.

They just dont belong on this car (louvers on the rear window is another major fail).

Dont laugh....I saw a B-body once with louvers, went home and puked.

I totally understand your dilemma though, but you will incur a ton of paint damage that will make the bug bodies and minor stone chips a welcome sight, these so called "bras" just kill paint, period. Not to mention our illustrious factory paint jobs are about as thin as a layer of Saran wrap.

Bras were a bad idea from the get go (especially on that girl Ree SS posted up).

Seriously, find another affordable way to do it right man (after all, this is the new age you have lots of cool options).

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you can get the bro off and on CLEAN easily every time, you will be fine. I would worry more about the windshield.
The bottom of the quarters are set up for failure, too.

Windshield, mostly depends on your following distances.
Bottom of quarters, clear mask material.

·
Registered
355 Posts
who makes the best one for our cars and if you have any pictures please put them up

Awww dan... **** man.. I wish you would of gotten a hold of me about it a month or so ago. I had one that i just gave to a friend. I don't know if he threw it out yet or not. It Has a few scratches in it and one of the corners has about a 3 inch rip in it. But it would be perfect for your 8 hour drive if you were just using it to stop the bugs for a trip. I will get ahold of my friend n see if he still has it. He got rid of his caprice so im not sure if he has it stored in his garage or not. I gave it to him and he never even installed it then sold the car.

If he still has it i will get it back from him and you can just come to my house and take it. you can just have it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Awww dan... **** man.. I wish you would of gotten a hold of me about it a month or so ago. I had one that i just gave to a friend. I don't know if he threw it out yet or not. It Has a few scratches in it and one of the corners has about a 3 inch rip in it. But it would be perfect for your 8 hour drive if you were just using it to stop the bugs for a trip. I will get ahold of my friend n see if he still has it. He got rid of his caprice so im not sure if he has it stored in his garage or not. I gave it to him and he never even installed it then sold the car.

If he still has it i will get it back from him and you can just come to my house and take it. you can just have it.
its all good i already ordered a colgan from online

thanks though :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.